Notices

New here, 41 days sober

Old 08-14-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here, 41 days sober

Hi all,
I am 41 days sober today and am taking it one day at a time. I just got a new job and am really working on myself.
Getting in touch with my true emotions and depression has been very surprising for sure.
Was hoping that eliminating the bottle plus a night of wine would help with weight loss but so far no.
I am watching what I eat and am starting a keto diet today.
Has anyone else had weight loss from sobriety?
Has anyone tried a keto approach?
Thanks in advance
Old 08-14-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! Congrats on 41 days sober

I am 10.5 months sober, and for the past 3-7 months I have been working out and being much more active and have lost 30 pounds.
The first 3 months I didn't watch what I ate and the sugar cravings were off the wall.
Give it time, it'll all work out.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Congrats on 41 days sober!
Old 08-14-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melski View Post
Hi all,
I am 41 days sober today and am taking it one day at a time. I just got a new job and am really working on myself.
Getting in touch with my true emotions and depression has been very surprising for sure.
Was hoping that eliminating the bottle plus a night of wine would help with weight loss but so far no.
I am watching what I eat and am starting a keto diet today.
Has anyone else had weight loss from sobriety?
Has anyone tried a keto approach?
Thanks in advance
Congratulations on Day 41! I am proud of you. I think that weigh loss does happen if
your start eating well and focusing on yourself from inside out. I am on Day 67 today and with my soberness came the need to eat healthier. I’ve dropped 18 lbs. I used to drink a bottle or 2 of wine a night.
So, I know it’s definitely a lot less empty calories I am consuming. I am also doing intermittent fasting in which I eat on 6-8 hrs a day, it helps me keep focused and full of energy. Good luck on Keto, I’ve read great reviews on it.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on the 41 days. You are very early in the process, I wouldn't stress too much early on. I quit drinking and joined a gym, I didn't lose any weight but I lost 3 inches on my waist. I think I must have gained muscle in my upper body which is why I didn't lose weight.