Notices

114 days and still getting cravings.

Old 09-16-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Primativo View Post
Can I just say that I did just that last Saturday. I was at around 140 days sober, and practically had complete peace of mind and serenity. My anxiety had gone, I had no cravings, I didn't care less about drinking...BUT...I thought I'd go out and have a few drinks and then stop drinking again the next day. Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that. I drank until I passed out, once I had a sip, I wanted lots more of it. I wanted to get completely drunk. The next day, all the anxiety and cravings came flooding back, and even though I resisted to drink, it was insanely tough, and you may not be so lucky, you might end up back to daily drinking very easily. It's now been 6 days sober and I am getting far more urges to drink than I did with 100+ days under my belt. Don't go there.
Great post Primovito,
I have been short time sober, 52 days, cravings on weekends if I do not have overtime. I was heavy weekend binge drinker for 38 years, so I guess the habit will take sometime to leave my brain. I have thought about drinking a few times, I am saving your post to my phone, it really hit home with me , I wish you well and thank you for sharing that story.