Notices

I can feel my brain

Old 08-11-2018, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can feel my brain

Today I was in the parking lot of the grocery store and could not find my car when I exited. It took me 10 minutes to remember that I had driven my husband’s car and not my own. I got home and was about to plunk in a chair feeling sorry for myself about this foggy space I am in on day five ,and instead, came out to my patio to drink my seltzer and have a cigarette. And all of a sudden for about two seconds, I felt like the old me looking at where I am right now saying, hang on. I literally felt and think I feel my brain trying to reconnect it self and re-generate to normal function. I realize this will take quite some time, but it was the first glimmer of hope that it may indeed happen.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, welcome to SR and Congratulations on day 5!

I've certainly had my share of brain fog moments during recovery so I think a bit of that is to be expected. Great news is you've stopped putting the poison in and can look forward to more and more improvement.

Glad you're here.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Brain fog isnt fun. Mine took an age to get even slightly better. I actually feared for my safety a little.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It takes a while, but it does get better with more sober time. I was feeling ok by 3 months. That was also when it was suggested I start practicing gratitude every day to strengthen my recovery.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like you made a great choice in how to respond to the situation. Well done. The fog will eventually clear.