Notices

Remain Vigilant in Recovery

Old 08-09-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Remain Vigilant in Recovery

Afternoon Everyone! I am 11 days out of rehab and 58 days sober today, and what a testing day it has been.

This morning my 21 year old cat Ollie lost the use of his back legs and was struggling to breathe. I called the vet and they said to bring him as an emergency. When I got to my car, terrified cat with me I noticed that my car lights were turned on full, the battery dead and I was unable to get to the vets. I have had a lot of trouble with my neighbours in a small village, garden lights smashed, tyres let down, eggs with dead chickens and rotten veg thrown at my porch and windows to name but a few. There is an alarm in my car if I try to get out with the lights still on, they were not left on when I left the car yesterday so I know it's one of the neighbours up to their usual spiteful tricks.

However, a nice neighbour offered to take me to the vet and drop me off so I didn't have to ring a taxi, so grateful. I got to the vet and it was the best thing for my boy to be put to sleep, I was heartbroken but it was the right thing to do.

When I got back with the empty basket the breakdown service and a furniture delivery service turned up at the same time, I was stressed out, upset and frustrated. My house is up a lane where you can't park outside of so this was more difficult than it might sound!

So, furniture delivery done and car started I took it for a drive to power it up, and decided to treat myself to fish and chips at a nice restaurant on the way home so I didn't get all maudlin and sad about Ollie. I ordered a ginger beer which in the UK is never alcoholic as a rule. The drink arrived and for some reason I decided to check the front of the bottle....and it was alcoholic and the same strength as a beer. I was so close to drinking it's scary, after the day I have had, spending my life savings on rehab for 2 months the last thing that I needed was to drink without realising!

Remain vigilant, check everything and don't take your eye off the prize!

xx
Old 08-09-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Sorry you had to deal with all that MantaLady but I am inspired by your strength and courage. Congrats on your sober time.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
under new management

I am so sorry about your kitty, (((MantaLady)))

Good for you on checking the label on that bottle! I always give my drink a sniff before I take a sip, when I am out, to make sure it is alcohol free.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am very sorry about Ollie.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

ML

D
Old 08-09-2018, 11:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry about your buddy. I'm not a big pet person because I like to be able to travel on a whim,but my daughter..she has a few. I don't let her know, but I really like those lil' guys! Shhh.. <-how racist( I had never seen that one before).