Notices

Weekender Thread 09-13 August 2018

Old 08-10-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Nice, Vman. I like that there is a chain-link fence between you and your camping neighbors. That should be a thing in all campgrounds.

Last campground camping I did I thought the group of young guys right next to us were going to burn down the forest with their bonfire. So. Much. Whiskey they drank.

Yours looks more peaceful.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Vman that is an awesome spot. I had a similar experience to bimini once, in fact dh refused to go to bed. Park wood up here is mostly soft and rotted blow downs, this guy must have burned 3 bags lol. The next morning there was the bottle of whiskey on the picnic table. Since then I try to get super private or crown land.

In for the weekend. Back from the market, several baskets of tomatoes, peaches, buckets of blueberries and cherries, peppers... I am getting more canning done. Jams to give away, we are a family of 5 and none of us eat jam, so we can and give away. Freeze down the pails of fruit, can the salsa and spaghetti sauce. Then next weekend I can do pickles and relishes. Then I am done. Maybe lol.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I will add I have a very healthy garden but am fighting the kids, the chipmunks and rabbits. I conceded defeat now I have to buy everything.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:01 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Happy Friday fellow SR'ers.

Football tomorrow (soccer for you non Brits) as my beloved Gateshead FC take on Dover. Hoping to go to the game as it'll be my last chance for a couple of weeks. Then spending Sunday with family as far as I'm aware.

Hope you all have a great, splendid, fun and most importantly, sober weekend.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I got lost because my life fell apart.
So I found the thread, but my life as I knew it is over.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

You ok Venus? What’s happened? xx
Old 08-10-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I shouldn't have said anything here....sorry..... I want to, I just don't know how.
If you ever read the 24-hour thread you will see....sorry.....don't mind me.... xxx
Old 08-10-2018, 02:41 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Suze, it will be okay. We're here. The path will become clear and it will all work out. Marriage is really REALLY hard at times. Prayers.

I just got back from my beach walk. It was excellent, I saw four different Osprey catch fish in a matter of about 15 minutes. Must have been lunch time. I just had a nice long cool shower. aaaahhhh

I'm having my Burger & Greens dinner. It'a burger (duh) patty with sauteed onions and BBQ sauce on top of a big green salad with whatever I can find in the fridge...and Amish Gorgonzola and those little crispy onion thingys that come in a can - and then later with TV it's Popcorn night!!
Old 08-10-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

late check-in from me. hang in there everyone who's having a tough time or struggling - Kev, Manta, Venus or anyone else
Old 08-10-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Whats up weekenders. Going to be a relaxing sober weekend for me. Hope you all have great sober weekend!
Bernie
Old 08-10-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I shouldn't have said anything here....sorry..... I want to, I just don't know how.
If you ever read the 24-hour thread you will see....sorry.....don't mind me.... xxx
I;m having trouble finding the thread you speak of...Are you OK? I care.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I've had a moment of feeling okay-ish (which I am so grateful for) and wrote down all things I could come up with that will make me feel better and that I need to do to take care of myself properly. I tend to forgot those things when I am all emotional or depressed. Having no one reminding me to eat and such I put it on a list now.

I also wrote a to do list for the weekend with small tasks that I would like to get done and I am trying to put one nice little thing per task on the list, like

- water and fertilise plants - make a nice cup of tea I usually just serve for guests
- do paperwork - have a bath with relaxing bath oils

I feel like things went really downhill during the last days for me and today I spend mostly in bed, watching a series but I can't even remember anything, it was just a blur.
My plan is to get myself back into doing something at least but while also being extra gentle with myself cause I'm an overly emotional mess right now.

Much love to everyone, on days like this SR is a real anchor!
Old 08-10-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Friday afternoon I am in!

I took 12 hour emergency call at the hospital this coming Sunday from seven in the morning until seven at night.

Tonight boyfriend is going downtown Chicago for someone’s retirement party I did not want to go seeing everyone drink.

Maybe I’ll do some mosquito abatement tonight .

Tomorrow night it is a shrimp boil in a town called Barrington .

Went to a bar and Grill last night where hamburgers and a side as five dollars. There was a lady next to me that was so wasted, I felt so sorry for her.

It was really interesting to see everyone drinking around me, and for the first time in a really long time, seeing the crowd through the bartender’s eyes.

All of these people are like bees going into a pitcher plant — they think they can sip the nectar and get out without being harmed . They don’t notice while they sip the nectar (which is made from fossils or rotting food for us and melted bugs for them) that the world is closing all around them . Very few will escape. Glad I did and you all are with me.

Most of the paragraph is from a book called “this naked mind“ by Annie grace.

I haven’t been on this thread for a while but I’m so happy that you all here .

Best,
Old 08-10-2018, 04:47 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

((((((((((((Suze))))))))))))

I'm so sorry that things have taken this turn.

I hope that, whatever happens, you continue to follow your bliss in school.

Focus and concentration might be very tough for quite awhile, but it is very good for you to have a solid identity of your own.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Just checking in here Friday night. Worked on the paint kit but eyes are too old for it. Such tiny tiny numbers and spots to paint. LOL! We will see how it goes tomorrow. Later will binge watch a few episodes of Billions.

A bit down right now but that’s usually the case for me come the weekend. Too much time to think.

Till tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
((((((((((((Suze))))))))))))

I'm so sorry that things have taken this turn.

I hope that, whatever happens, you continue to follow your bliss in school.

Focus and concentration might be very tough for quite awhile, but it is very good for you to have a solid identity of your own.
I can only agree RE the school / own identity. I am just learning now how important that is. Thanks for mentioning it Gilmer!

I lack so much in the identity chapter (both my parents made me feel like I am just part of their life) and when I don't have someone who gives me feedback on what I want and who I am, I feel really anxious and disoriented.
I have no "level" to fall back on when I am suddenly alone. I always end up feeling my whole existence and identity has been taken from me. So when it would be helpful to focus on myself, I cannot do that because I am left without a self (that's what it feels like), like my self still is stuck with the other part. And then in all that mess I first have to start finding myself.
I was in that situation already when my ex/bf wanted a 2 months break last year and I did a little bit of that work, finding out some things I like, and spending time with my true self for the first time really. But it was by no means enough and I regret that now because this lack of identity definitely contributed to relationship problems and also it makes my situation now just a whole lot harder.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:22 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

(((Kev)))

I'm sorry for all the ways you're suffering.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
sober style

kevlarsjal, a jigsaw puzzle might make you feel better!
Old 08-10-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Made it through day 3 and home without that many thoughts of drinkng. I am surprised how silent my AV has been. I’ll take it.

Wishing well for those who are struggling,
Old 08-10-2018, 05:40 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
kevlarsjal, a jigsaw puzzle might make you feel better!
Actually, I just ordered a new one and thanks to modern time's luxuries it arrived the same day. That's stil mind boggling to me! I went all girly and got a Disney Cinderella 1000 pieces one.
I will get started on that one as soon as my body is less painful