Notices

Still having endless Day 1s - this stuff will kill me !

Old 08-08-2018, 11:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still having endless Day 1s - this stuff will kill me !

I have been with SR since 2013 when I kicked booze for 5 months. Since the I have only been able to string a few days together. I loathe myself and what I am doing to my son. I just spent two days in bed drinking wine - as I went through withdrawal I started hallucinating ( floating Disney characters !) I am a professional woman with a high flying career . What on Earth is the matter with me ? I just want to stop. This stuff will kill me. I tried AA but didn’t like it - I found it depressing , but what could be more depresing than lying in bed for two days drunk ?? Help !
Old 08-08-2018, 11:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Have you considered inpatient rehab? If you've been trying on your own for all these years, it's probably time to try something different.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know exactly how you feel. I’m new to sobriety too and wine is also my poison. I too have laid in bed drinking wine and ruining my duvet with spillages. I too have a very successful career. I too cannot understand how I became this madman that drank three bottles of wine every single night for months on end.

I’m now in Day 11 with the love and help of others trying to give up in August. Please join us?

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/
Old 08-09-2018, 12:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ive been there such a hard life to live.i used to go on a bender like 6 days just in bed drinking. My last bender i end up in the psych ward very embarassing cause i work in health care but somehow a blessing i get a help that i really need.. wont hurt if you see your doctor. Keep trying never give up
Old 08-09-2018, 02:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're still dtruggling.

Sometimes it helps to write it down - write out all the things you can think of to do for your recovery - strike out all those you find unsuitable for one reason or another and look at whats left.

If there's nothing left go back to the top and find the least unobjectionable thing

you need to do something - both you and your son deserve better, icandothis.

D
Old 08-09-2018, 02:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ugh. I know the feeling too well. What is wrong with you, you ask? You're an alcoholic.

Nothing changes if nothing changes. I know I needed a lot of help to quit. I cannot do this on my own.

I'm not pushing AA by any means but group support, both here and f2f, is incredibly powerful. Maybe look at other groups or other AA meetings. They vary greatly.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I also agree I think rehab would be a great choice, especially when you have a child involved. No child should ever have to grow up in an alcoholic household.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and I'm sorry that you're struggling so much. Have you tried other recovery plans besides AA? The main thing is that you stop drinking, and if rehab would help, then it could be a good option for you.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sober style

You really can do this, you just haven't figured out how yet. All the best to you, it sure ain't easy! But there's a way through the jungle, keep after it. Posting every day in the monthly thread helped me a lot when I was new, look for the August label. The people there, many sobriety rookies like you, will gladly provide you with invaluable support and encouragement. And all free of charge, now that's a bargain!