Notices

Really???

Old 08-09-2018, 12:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thats one reason i stop posting but im glad you guys did something about it. I appreciate very much thank you
Old 08-09-2018, 12:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you to Anna, Dee and the other moderators for all the hours you put into this site.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see you back Jjb

I can't guarantee that you'll like every post you get but I hope you'll come to trust this forum as a safe place to be

D
Old 08-09-2018, 12:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Its why I never bother commenting and just lurk now. The amount of snidey, self righteous comments I have read over the last few months is disheartening. There seems to be some who see recovery as black and white, when it isnt. Whether you are 1, 3, 6, 12 months in sobriety you are still walking a fine line and still one drink away from back to square one. Help, encourage and be honest with people not look down or belittle people.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, Anna. You & all other mods do a great job on here, I am grateful and thankful that you are around.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

All I wish to say is that I am so pleased that I found SR the forum, the moderators, D Anna etc and the members have been very helpful whenever I post. This has been so important to my recovery.

I hope that everyone that posts realises just how important you are to the recipient and to those that read the posts.

Peace Love and Salutations.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Mods, please remove if the following is not suitable.

I think some people get so enthusiastic about their own sobriety and recovery that they sometimes think that whatever works for them should work for others too, even though as people we all have different problems and circumstance . They can then get frustrated with others for not making progress and sometimes seem to take it personally, become judgemental and even angry at times.

I hope this makes some sense, it's actually quite common and something I saw a lot of over the years when working in the drug and alcohol field.

I'd also just like to thank the SR forum staff, you do a really great job!

J
Old 08-09-2018, 04:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think members also have a role to play - after all, its your forum too.

Report anything you think needs reporting - be proactive.
Have the forum you want to have

D
Absolutely! Good point.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yes, let's all be understanding. Nobody shows up at SR without needing help and having a big problem. AA does not work for everybody, and SR support is a lifeline. As to the post about being a newcomer, I have relapsed several times. The longest I ever went was maybe 14 months. It is hard to go back to day 1, but I have done it a number of times. So I still consider my self a newcomer. SR is a big help. Thank you moderators for the work you do. Day 39 here.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Dee, your mention of 'compassion fatigue' is the exact issue I think. Many long term sober members seem tired of being refreshingly positive when a member of say, four years posts a 'day 1' thread for the fiftieth time. The problem is they decide to post very self righteous comments, when really they should post nothing at all. I've seem some of these aggressive comments over the past few days and there really is no justification for them. If you are tired of seeing certain people posting their day 1 cycle and you have exhausted the amount of advice you can give them, say nothing.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Life is good

Anna, Dee & all SR moderators,

Thank you!!

You do a fabulous job here, especially behind the scenes and in keeping this a safe environment.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Yesterday Dee posted a thread about not fighting and bickering. This is not the first time he has posted about the issue, nor the second time, nor the third.

Off the top of my head, today I removed two nasty posts and Dee removed three. I expect there are more but I'm not going back to count. So, basically, we couldn't even get through one day without nasty, snide, sarcastic comments. Really???

I want to spend my time here helping people and trying to keep things running smoothly. I don't want to spend my time finding nasty posts, removing them and sending messages to the member involved. When you post irresponsibly, you not only make yourself look bad, you are taking time and energy away from members who need support or help.

I love SR and the help we all offer to so many people. I have absolutely no patience left for anyone who makes a snarky comment to another member.
You all do such an amazing job on here. Thank you for this post. 😊😊
Old 09-03-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Dee and Anna, you are apparently very remarkable at your job, I haven't seen any negative or snarky posts really on here since I've come back, and it breaks my heart to hear that it's become so prevalent there's a policing task now

Thank you for keeping this community alive and thriving; it's saving lives.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Actually I'd like to commend everyone - this forum has been a much nicer, more helpful, even more supportive place lately

I think all you folks deserve thanks for that!

D
Old 09-03-2018, 04:41 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with you Dee.

Thanks to everyone who is making the effort to be kind.