Notices

Day 1 again

Old 08-08-2018, 07:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The Beast raises its head pretty easily. Just keep telling it to F-off. Relax on your couch, take care of yourself, and try to rest and relax. You can do this!
Old 08-08-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Originally Posted by Bubovski View Post
My day ones were so boring, and then they became quite frightening.
Now I strive daily to keep those frighteners salient.
I tend to get anxiety in the late afternoon going into the evening. Usually it surrounds a heated back-and-forth with my AV. It wasn ‘t as bad today, I think possibly because I have felt very commited to not drinking tonight since I got up this morning.

If anything right now I am feeling a little anxiety over the whole never again thing.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Originally Posted by Atlast9999 View Post
The Beast raises its head pretty easily. Just keep telling it to F-off. Relax on your couch, take care of yourself, and try to rest and relax. You can do this!
Thanks. I’ve reached the point in the evening where I am no longer experiencing any thoughts of drinking. I ate a huge dinner which really helped silence any desire I was feeling.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great job on your first day back, you were smart to come here and post throughout the day about how you were feeling.

It took me a while to finally get sobriety right as well, and my days were very similar. I promise it gets easier, and is so worth it.

I definitely took time to get a recovery plan written down for myself to follow. I read and post here daily. The monthly classes, and the 24 hour thread are two great places to get daily support, and also to find a group of supportive people from this thread you can connect with.

I found exercise, mindfulness, getting outdoors each day, reading, and using SR to be very effective. During the early days I planned out my nights, even if that plan consisted of go for a walk, and binge watch Netflix.

You can do this, and your post shows how much you want sobriety.

Looking forward to your day two post tomorrow.

❤️Delilah