Notices

Day 4 - Finally slept through the night!

Old 08-07-2018, 01:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 - Finally slept through the night!

Finally slept through the night and I didn't want to get up! I had no night sweats either! Two minutes after waking my anxiety started rushing in, but I'm so glad I was able to sleep!! Now my body can truly start healing.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Morning Nick

I feel anxious a lot of mornings as soon as waking up. But after getting up it soon subsides. Well done on day 4.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on day 4, you can do this. xxx
Old 08-07-2018, 01:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How did work go yesterday?

Alcohol will not help your anxiety. Stopping drinking reduces my anxiety once I am free of withdrawal symptoms at least. I find the best cure for recurrent anxiety is rationalising situations and taking action to remedy them.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Work was pretty much hell yesterday. No bad news, and I refused to talk about what happened and people understood. Just was really anxiety ridden throughout the day. My main supervisor wasn't there but will be there today so I'm a little nervous she'll want to sit me down today, but no one really tried forcing anything out of me. I'm blessed with my job like that. They tend to give you space when needed and there's zero to no micromanagement. It's almost too good to be true, but we'll see what happens today because this is the second time in a month I took lenghty time off.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pajanickah View Post
Finally slept through the night and I didn't want to get up! I had no night sweats either! Two minutes after waking my anxiety started rushing in, but I'm so glad I was able to sleep!! Now my body can truly start healing.
That's good to hear Nick and it should help to make today a bit better than yesterday was for you.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pajanickah View Post
Work was pretty much hell yesterday. No bad news, and I refused to talk about what happened and people understood. Just was really anxiety ridden throughout the day. My main supervisor wasn't there but will be there today so I'm a little nervous she'll want to sit me down today, but no one really tried forcing anything out of me. I'm blessed with my job like that. They tend to give you space when needed and there's zero to no micromanagement. It's almost too good to be true, but we'll see what happens today because this is the second time in a month I took lenghty time off.
Was the job hell. Or was it your anxiety that made it hell.

Is the job positive to your life?

Good luck today and I am sure you can say what your supervisor needs to hear to avoid getting the sack. Chin up and think positive thoughts. Fake it until you make it, positive thoughts will change your outlook.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yay! Sleep always comes, it has to. Have a good shift today, so glad you’re well rested.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good! Keep it going.

It keeps getting better if you keep not drinking.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Today has been pretty amazing - 5 more hours to go. It's crazy what a little sleep can do for your psyche.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yup
Old 08-07-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gerard52 View Post
Was the job hell. Or was it your anxiety that made it hell.

Is the job positive to your life?

Good luck today and I am sure you can say what your supervisor needs to hear to avoid getting the sack. Chin up and think positive thoughts. Fake it until you make it, positive thoughts will change your outlook.

The anxiety was hell.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great news P! Keep it up and be kind to yourself. xx
Old 08-07-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's great to know that you are feeling so much better. Being on Day 5 and getting some sleep obviously help a lot. I remember the rush of anxiety on waking up and it's quite awful, but it will lessen and hopefully go away.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations, I bet that felt really good. Oh how I remember the first few solid nights of non-drunk sleep, I felt amazing in the morning.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Keep it up! I just started what is probably my 4th detox in 10 years - on day/night 2. Unfortunately, I have some experience with this piece - getting sober - just don't ask me about staying sober as that piece evades me. ONce you get over that hump and start sleeping well, getting good nutrition etc., you'll feel like a new Man and you'll be much better equipped to deal with work stress.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Great news nick it will continue to get better . Hope work goes well today for you.