SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Checking In Y’all!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/430960-checking-y-all.html)

Horn95 08-06-2018 10:37 AM

Checking In Y’all!!

I have been laying low for a while. Work has been keeping me busy, as well as a major snag in my busIness. I won’t lie. My sobriety has been spotty. It is what it is. But I have not been getting smashed.

Nonetheless, knock on wood, I hope to start my IOP next Monday. My business stuff has prevented me from starting until next week. Also, I have been having cash flow issues, which I hope will be resolved today.

Bottom line, I am still fighting. My wife is very supportive. Because it is IOP, I will post on here about my progress.

lessgravity 08-06-2018 10:44 AM

Sorry to hear you're still drinking Horn.

Doesn't even sound like you are committed to the IOP.

trachemys 08-06-2018 10:48 AM

Horn glad you can spell y'all. Get after the recovery now.

ScottFromWI 08-06-2018 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Horn95 (Post 6976367)
Nonetheless, knock on wood, I hope to start my IOP next Monday. My business stuff has prevented me from starting until next week.

Thanks for checking in Horn. Don't knock on wood - make IOP your priority and it will happen. And while you are certainly busy, I doubt your business stuff "prevented" you from getting there. You chose to do the business stuff. Make the choice to get there and you'll get there.

Horn95 08-06-2018 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by lessgravity (Post 6976369)
Sorry to hear you're still drinking Horn.

Doesn't even sound like you are committed to the IOP.

Whatever. Run your own firm with employees and family one day, and then judge me.

Anna 08-06-2018 11:37 AM

Please keep the personal comments off the boards. Use PM, if necessary.

Horn, I'm glad to hear from you and I hope you commit to the IOP program. It's great that you have your wife's support.

lessgravity 08-06-2018 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Horn95 (Post 6976402)
Whatever. Run your own firm with employees and family one day, and then judge me.

No one is "judging" you man. You and I have gone back and forth here many times, we are in similar professions, with similar stories.

I'm disappointed to hear you are still drinking. Hope you can find a way to quit.

Anna 08-06-2018 11:39 AM

Support and Experience ONLY. Respect is essential.

least 08-06-2018 11:59 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you've been drinking. :( I hope you can add to your recovery plan so you can stay sober.

DontRemember 08-06-2018 12:09 PM

I hope you don't use IOP being a week away as a reason to drink until then. Be a lot easier on you to go in with 7 days sober. Work and money issues are also easier to face when sober.

DarklingSong 08-06-2018 12:58 PM

Best wishes with your programme Horn.

AnvilheadII 08-06-2018 02:26 PM

funny how we can always find time to DRINK....but when it comes to taking steps towards recovery, our calendar gets sooooo busy.

horn, there is nothing special about IOP that is going to magically make you stop drinking. you will do well to stop NOW and then you can make the most of what is offered via IOP. otherwise it will always be NEXT Monday.....

one could also waltz into a free AA meeting at any ole time......

no excuses.

Hevyn 08-06-2018 02:40 PM

Always good to see you posting, Horn. Hoping you'll find your way to a sober life.

NerfThis 08-06-2018 02:47 PM

I second Hevyn. Good to see you return to the boards and I hope keeping us updated here will help you to stay on the sober path.

firstymer 08-06-2018 03:01 PM

Glad to see you back Horn95. Trying to get and stay sober is harder when you feel the weight of a business, and a family resting on you. I felt the same way as you. Unfortunately, in my case, before I got sober the drinking led to a divorce. I still have the business, but I wish I would have quit drinking sooner than I did.

Please keep posting and let us know how the IOP goes for you. We are on your side.

Dee74 08-06-2018 03:26 PM

I'm glad to see you back Horn :)

I know you have a lot of responsibilities and that it's tough to give up your greatest coping mechanism while dealing with all those responsibility...but you know as well as I do, addiction will steal it all - if you let it.

I'm glad you're starting IOP - that sounds like a great start in moving your recovery from spotty to secure :)

D

tomsteve 08-07-2018 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Horn95 (Post 6976402)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-three.html

7 billion people on this rock. MILLIONS of families on this rock. 250 children a day die from cancer.today someone js holding the hand of their child while they take their last breath. today someone is burying their child. today someone is being told their child has a terminal disease. add that they still have family to take care of, a job to take care of, a house to take care of, a pile kf medical bills- everything plus a crapton more than whats in your plate.
and dont drink.
the family excuse is just that- and excuse.

i think theres more than one law firm with someone having to make important decisions,too, on a daily basis. millions of people having to make important decisions involving billions of dollars and the lives of others,too.

Midwest1981 08-07-2018 05:46 AM

thanks for checking in. I am sure the IOP will be super helpful for you. :)

Ladysadie 08-07-2018 07:52 AM

Good to see you Horn! Sending you positive vibes for strength and resolve! Hang in there, you can do this!

Anna 08-07-2018 09:16 AM

A reminder:

Support and Experience ONLY. Respect is essential.