Notices

Hello all...

Old 08-07-2018, 01:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by l0nely View Post
I've just been started on lamotrigine, but they have to build it up in the system slowly so they said it'll take until mid september to be at a theraputic dose. so its good they are trying something new but it also feels frustrating its going to take that long. I'm also on aripiprizole, trazadone and gabapentin for anxiety. Im mostly low mood, with dips even lower and the occasional manic episode. Currently definitely in the even lower mood. i'm struggling to interact face to face but im hoping tonight i enjoy a social event and that helps lift me a little. if i cant enjoy it i'll most likely feel worse but ive got to try!

pancreatitis is the most painful thing ive ever been through!
Yes, pancreatitis is VERY painful and serious. With acute pancreatitis people feel deathly ill because they are!

Okay....well....that is rather frustrating about the Lamictal taking so long to be therapeutic. Abilify is a good one, I've heard....sometimes they use that when nothing else works...maybe they need to up the dose if you've been on it for awhile. Anyways: I hope your prescribing Dr. listens to you is willing to try different things and keeps an open mind about it all. What I have learned is that sometimes people are "under-medicated", meaning, they really need to have a higher dose....depending on their size and how well they are tolerating the med, etc. I've seen big people taking like pediatric doses and wonder why the med isn't working. Anyways, that's just my little rant.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Please hang in there with the low depression, friend. It really sucks. But just know we are here and we care and we understand!!

It's been some time now, but I have experienced bad depression. Times when it was so hard to get out of bed. I had to literally force myself. I also needed to give myself a break and tell myself to not get further down on myself than I already was....It took me awhile to get from feeling depressed to actually getting help. I wish I would have got on it sooner then I did. I found out my mood lifted almost immediately when I went to my Dr. and told him and his office nurse I was depressed. I didn't feel any shame and they were great in how they handled it! So maybe there is a lot to just being able to find someone to help with the burden of it all.

My husband didn't deal with it very well at all. He couldn't understand why I just didn't HOP out of bed and greet each day like Tigger. I started going to a depression support group and that really helped. I didn't feel so alone in the struggle.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

im ok, i just dont feel safe from myself. my alcohol worker just replied tho and asked to see me at 4pm which is 2 hours away.
Hi L,

If those feelings get worse please try and talk to someone. Do you have a local mental health crisis team to call if needed?

How did things go with the alcohol worker? Hope it helped a bit.

Take care.

J
Old 08-07-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So I think i've survived the day,

It was good to see my alcohol worker, i never realised we also have an appt tomorrow which he said to keep so i'll see him then too. And I made it to do my social thing, which was not that fun cus anxiety. I got passed the shop on the way home though and im winding down for bed.

I feel like im white knuckling life atm just trying to survive. tiring.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BP2 View Post
Hi L,

If those feelings get worse please try and talk to someone. Do you have a local mental health crisis team to call if needed?

How did things go with the alcohol worker? Hope it helped a bit.

Take care.

J
Yeah i've got the crisis number saved in my phone. I'll definately reach out to them also if needed.

It was good with the worker. and i've got him again tomorrow, recovery place thursday and mental health worker friday. so my week is full of support. and i've got this place for the evenings now. hopefully this feeling will pass soon.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yeah i've got the crisis number saved in my phone. I'll definately reach out to them also if needed.

It was good with the worker. and i've got him again tomorrow, recovery place thursday and mental health worker friday. so my week is full of support. and i've got this place for the evenings now. hopefully this feeling will pass soon.
That's good to hear and I'm glad your appointment went well too. A busy rest of the week will help and I hope you'll be feeling little better soon, it shouldn't be long until you see some improvement.

Hope you get a good nights sleep and will see you here tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

So I think i've survived the day,

It was good to see my alcohol worker, i never realised we also have an appt tomorrow which he said to keep so i'll see him then too. And I made it to do my social thing, which was not that fun cus anxiety. I got passed the shop on the way home though and im winding down for bed.

I feel like im white knuckling life atm just trying to survive. tiring.
"White-knuckling life" ... yes, that is how it feels sometimes. I can relate. I sometimes I have to force myself to try and be more social and less isolating...they say isolating is bad for addiction and depression...but seriously...some of the social stuff makes me want to GET AWAY from people even more...I don't know what's wrong with me. Why can't I be more of a social butterfly? Is this truly a character flaw? Am I just beating myself up for it when I don't need to?
Old 08-08-2018, 03:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well its all gone a bit wrong. My ex who i'd been trying to stay friends with said she couldn't talk to me anymore. I've been trying really hard to keep things amicable, apparently im a worse person than i ever thought.

And my heads been so messed up I didn't even realised I was sober for 2 months and a few days, not 1 month and a few days. 3rd of june was my sober day.... anyway, now tomorrow will be day 1 again.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that L.

Try not to to beat yourself up over your lapse, what's done is done. I found that with each day one it brought me a little closer to my final day one so try and learn from this and start afresh again tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

It may just be she finds it too painful to be friends right now l0nely - I wouldn't automatically jump to you being the worst person in the world

D