Notices

We're all friends and we help each other <3

Old 08-05-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We're all friends and we help each other <3

I want to tell a quick story.

I was once in a chatroom for helping people quit. One time this regular rages at me for asking if he's ok and does he want to chat. I was confused. He was talking fine to a few others but flew off at me and told me to keep my nose out of his business.

I was a bit taken aback and I flew out in a rage at him. The entire channel jumped on me and I was muted. I was instantly enraged and felt like I was being unfairly treated.

Someone pulled me aside and explained that it's important to let people tell their story. It's not our place to judge them, only to offer constructive advice and an ear to talk to. Even if we don't agree. If somebody is acting irrational it's because they're going through problems and it's most of the time nothing personal. I honestly learned a valuable lesson that day.

I can't count the number of people I've hurt in the past because of my drinking and the number of times they've forgiven me. That awful feeling of waking up and realising last night you had a raging argument with the other half.

Sorry, I'm really not trying to enforce any rule or anything. I sometimes forget there are real people behind the screen and that emotion, and meaning, are often lost in translation when using text. Some are not very good at writing and that's cool

Anyway, just wanted to say to the entire community
Old 08-05-2018, 02:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sometimes small misunderstandings get blown out of proportion, especially where addictions are concerned.

Thanks for the posts 16yd.