Blogs

Notices

My husband....again (VENTING POST)

Old 08-06-2018, 08:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
I guess I more meant that your husband "absolutely hates" cigarettes - I can relate, I grew up in a smoking household and they turn my stomach. So he has absolute hate for something that is fundamentally horrible for your health and yet you continue to do the practice, even on the porch, at your home, daily - and yet are upset about his drinking? Do you see the contradiction here?
Yes, yes I can. Good point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlast9999 For This Useful Post:
lessgravity (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 08:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Atlast9999 View Post
Yes, yes I can. Good point.
Perhaps you can take another step and try to put down the cigarettes? I feel for you with the drinking that your husband continues to do, and seems to be ramping up. Though I have to also say that nothing about that type of drinking makes me want to pick up again! Sounds miserable - so perhaps it's a disincentive to drink in the end anyhow?
Old 08-06-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Perhaps you can take another step and try to put down the cigarettes? I feel for you with the drinking that your husband continues to do, and seems to be ramping up. Though I have to also say that nothing about that type of drinking makes me want to pick up again! Sounds miserable - so perhaps it's a disincentive to drink in the end anyhow?
Quitting smoking is on my to do list. Hubby actually asked me not to quit because he didnít think he could handle me quitting 2 things at once...lol. We have a huge party this weekend and my plan was to quit after said party...we shall see.

Iím definitely not going back to drinking. My own issues with it, as well as now having a front row seat to it, are more than enough reasons for me!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlast9999 For This Useful Post:
ChloeRose63 (08-07-2018), DarklingSong (08-06-2018), trailmix (08-07-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time Atlast. I am only starting on the sober journey (again). I want to stop smoking but for me there is no way I am doing it until I get a bit of solid ground under me in my recovery. My husband still drinks heavily too and I hate the small of beer.....
I understand the previous posts about how offensive smoking is...yes it is. At the same time you can only do so much and to me, it sounds like you are doing really well.
I think some of the suggestions about the day bed are the way to go. Once you get some recovery time under your belt you can decide the rest. For me, Ive decided that I am making no big decisions about relationships, career etc. until I get a least a year sober.
Best wishes to you.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarklingSong View Post
Congratulations on your sober time Atlast. I am only starting on the sober journey (again). I want to stop smoking but for me there is no way I am doing it until I get a bit of solid ground under me in my recovery. My husband still drinks heavily too and I hate the small of beer.....
I understand the previous posts about how offensive smoking is...yes it is. At the same time you can only do so much and to me, it sounds like you are doing really well.
I think some of the suggestions about the day bed are the way to go. Once you get some recovery time under your belt you can decide the rest. For me, Ive decided that I am making no big decisions about relationships, career etc. until I get a least a year sober.
Best wishes to you.
Thanks!
Old 08-07-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

A bit off topic,but when I saw your name this morning this song popped in my head and now it won't leave. I refuse to 'suffer' alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-cbOl96RFM
Old 08-07-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
A bit off topic,but when I saw your name this morning this song popped in my head and now it won't leave. I refuse to 'suffer' alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-cbOl96RFM
Love it!!
Old 08-07-2018, 06:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I donít equate cigarettes and booze. Youíre trying to get sober, and heís going to bed drunk. You wash the cigs off and he breathes and sweats booze all night.

I swear it seems like this group is harder on women sometimes. To get him to stop drinking you have to stop smoking? That makes no sense to me.