Notices

New To This

Old 08-03-2018, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New To This

Morning everyone I thought I would post here for the first time to just say hi to everyone!
Extremely nervous to have joined a forum but I felt I needed to be able to talk to people that wouldn’t judge and that are in the same situation as me.
I’m on day 1 of kicking the drink, I have never classed myself to having a addiction but always put it down to habit, boredom... would you class this a the same thing?
Drink isn’t my friend , it makes me feel the lowest of the low, I drink as it’s habit I drink because I’m lonely, I sit alone most nights when the kids are down in bed , but it’s making me feel very depressed , constantly feeling guilty the next day!
My heads just all over the place at the A’s you can imagine I don’t know what I’m thinking or what I’m doing.
But I want to live a normal life, wake up fresh and have no regrets, be a normal mom and sort my bloody head out! Get myself out the dark place!

Xxxx
Old 08-03-2018, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome lks - no need to feel nervous - we're all pretty nice folks

If it worries you to put a label on your drinking then don't...

but if your drinking is causing you problems it makes sense to quit, and there's a lot of support and encouragement for that here

I'm glad you found us

D
Old 08-03-2018, 10:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi LKS - I completely identify with the “drinking because I’m bored and feel lonely”. Like you I have people in my life (you have your children - I have my wife and doggie) but loneliness can be a mental state and not just the lack of physical companionship. It can also be a sign of depression. For me it certainly is anyway.

I’m on Day 6. It’s been tough but it’s worth it as you come out of the fog.

Stay close to SR. Join us in the class of August where we are all helping each other as a team of people trying to give up this month? It would be great to see you there?

JT
Old 08-03-2018, 10:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome lks - no need to feel nervous - we're all pretty nice folks

If it worries you to put a label on your drinking then don't...

but if your drinking is causing you problems it makes sense to quit, and there's a lot of support and encouragement for that here

I'm glad you found us

D

Thanks dee!

A label is something I’m just so confused about, I know I have to stop to make my self and mind better! Done it before and I’m a different person , a better person! So here goes xx
Old 08-03-2018, 11:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Hi LKS - I completely identify with the “drinking because I’m bored and feel lonely”. Like you I have people in my life (you have your children - I have my wife and doggie) but loneliness can be a mental state and not just the lack of physical companionship. It can also be a sign of depression. For me it certainly is anyway.

I’m on Day 6. It’s been tough but it’s worth it as you come out of the fog.

Stay close to SR. Join us in the class of August where we are all helping each other as a team of people trying to give up this month? It would be great to see you there?

JT
Thank you so much for the reply, still trying to work out this site so I will try and find that forum now! Just wrote a long reply and it wouldn’t post.... 🤦🏻*♀️
Xx
Old 08-03-2018, 11:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Class of August Support Thread is here - all you need to do to join it is post in it

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-one-4.html

D
Old 08-03-2018, 11:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lks1345 View Post

Drink isn’t my friend , it makes me feel the lowest of the low, I drink as it’s habit I drink because I’m lonely, I sit alone most nights when the kids are down in bed , but it’s making me feel very depressed , constantly feeling guilty the next day!

But I want to live a normal life, wake up fresh and have no regrets, be a normal mom and sort my bloody head out! Get myself out the dark place!

Xxxx
You can definitely do this. You can learn to reject alcohol and become content and happy alcohol free. Imagine the freedom if you do this the peace of mind.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Welcome LKS! You are in the right place and the community here are a wonderful bunch of people from all walks of life, all over the world but we all have one thing in common, a desire for change and a desire for better for ourselves and others with the same struggles. If you are struggling, feeling down or anything at all post here and someone will always be around. You are not alone, you are part of the SR family! Keep posting and keep fighting xx
Old 08-04-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Big welcome .
You've joined the right site
Loads of amazing people here
You can do this
If I can anyone can
Big hug
Cara x
Old 08-04-2018, 04:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome to SR, LKS!
You will find lots of support and friendships, too!
Keep posting and replying! It will soon feel like 'home'!
Old 08-04-2018, 04:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 08-04-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

welcome to SR!