Notices

getting there

Old 08-03-2018, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

getting there

hey everyone , sorry i haven't been around so much am not online as much as i use to be i am volunteering at the hospital once a week doing teas and coffees at the library and twice a month at the gardens for the hospital av never done gardening before a few weeks ago someone talked to me about how it helps there mental health and that
i thought why not give its a try and here i am now doing something id never do or be interested in going there i love it and it keeps me sane
Av been going to AA for 7 months sold am been sober for nearly 4 years now i am now vegan am no longer going on trans phobic Christian forums id like to say am free of self harm but am not since becoming vegan i have had no problems with my eating disorder and i feel healthier being vegan it was my step dad birthday i ended up staying over night in hospital because of an OD things are hard but am getting there i hope you are all doing well ill try and post more often oh and am witching sport more as well
Old 08-03-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Really glad to hear you sounding more positive and upbeat! Keep strong and keep fighting, the world needs a GMS in it xx
Old 08-03-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I’m sorry about the OD and the sadness that must have accompanied it—but I’m thrilled that you’re sharing your time and gifts with others, and loving it.

I have found that often the more you give, the more you love—and pure, voluntary, unselfish love does us a world of good.

Thanks so much for this wonderful update!

It sounds like, occasional blips aside, you’re on a very good road.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Really lovely to hear from you. The volunteer work sounds terrific.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi GMS. Sorry to hear about your OD. I hope youve managed to get some help with that. Gardening is great! I grow all sorts of veg in a poly tunnel which i cook up. Very tasty. My new big hobby ia bees. Gone from 2 small hives to 5. Very interesting and absorbing hobby. Wishing you well. Xx
Old 08-03-2018, 02:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

GMS, I'm so glad to know you're doing well. I think volunteering at the hospital doing tea & coffee and gardening is a great idea. I think it's important for all of us to feel like we are doing something meaningful, outside of ourselves.

I'm glad you are staying away from the message boards that upset you so much. And, I'm very sorry about the OD and thankful that you went to the hospital and were taken care of.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you've been through a rough time, but it's great to hear you so positive now GMS

D
Old 08-03-2018, 08:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I am so glad you posted an update, GMS...I think about you often. You have always reminded me a bit of my youngest daughter. She didn't have all the same issues you do, but she did and still does have some. She is doing quite well these days, too.

I hope you will keep us updated. I am so happy to hear that you are volunteering and have an interest in gardening. I know it can be quite therapeutic. (((HUGS)))
Old 08-04-2018, 01:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You sound much better, GMS. Thanks for the update.