Notices

Day 18, extremely lethargic

Old 08-02-2018, 04:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 18, extremely lethargic

Hi everyone

I'm on day 18 of sobriety from a litre pr 2 bottles of wine a night habit of 15 years.

Up until a few days ago, I was feeling great, full of energy and much better than ever.

However the last few days I have started feeling very tired. Waking up knackered even after 8 hours good sleep. Now I am constantly tired. Everything feels heavy, joints ache and even my eyes feel tired

I've been eating well, probably more carbs than normal. The only negative has been an increase in cigarettes from 2 or 3 a day to about 6, which I plan to also quit next week

Anyone else experienced a sudden energy low, feeling of exhaustion at around the 2/3 week mark?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vinono View Post
Hi everyone

I'm on day 18 of sobriety from a litre pr 2 bottles of wine a night habit of 15 years.

Up until a few days ago, I was feeling great, full of energy and much better than ever.

However the last few days I have started feeling very tired. Waking up knackered even after 8 hours good sleep. Now I am constantly tired. Everything feels heavy, joints ache and even my eyes feel tired

I've been eating well, probably more carbs than normal. The only negative has been an increase in cigarettes from 2 or 3 a day to about 6, which I plan to also quit next week

Anyone else experienced a sudden energy low, feeling of exhaustion at around the 2/3 week mark?

Thanks
Congratulations on 18 days I’m at 28 so we are close to the same time. Yes i have had several days of pure exhaustion after a good nights sleep. I too drank a bottle of wine a night every night. I have been down this road before and I think our bodies are job trying to recuperate. I sleep whenever I get the chance.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 18 days vinono!

I was much the same, in my case one of the reasons was that it took a while to sleep properly. We drinkers often lack iron and other vitamins/nutrients so perhaps a visit to your doctor for a blood test might be in order if it persists.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your body will be using energy to repair and regenerate your liver and a whole load of other things.
You’re doing well.
I was tired a lot too.
Vitamin b1 was a good one ( recommend in alcohol detox)
Always ask your doc before you take meds. Don’t mean to sound patronising.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Takes a while, maybe 3 weeks for me. I had the same drinking habits, adding in some cheap pints of vodka at the end. I can't speak to smoking.

Lifting heavy things in the gym has been my source of energy, focus and strength.

Welcome to sobriety.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. Woken feeling just as exhausted but reading this helps. I'll try to take some b12 tablets and eat some foods rich in it too.

I'm feeling great otherwise, although this tiredness is creating a seriously demotivated state of mind.

Thanks again.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Viv,

I felt exhausted off and on for several months. These days my stamina is up, but I am not afraid to take a nap any time the situation dictates and allows.

It is nearly unimaginable how badly I was injured from years of booze dependence. People are starting to take notice of my return to health.

I can tell just by the way they look at me. The energy is positive.

I still crave. Last night around 730 PM seemed a bit challenging, but within moments....the crave was gone.

I still go out, more than many I figure, to places where booze is being consumed. We enjoy eating out and seeing local entertainment. I am not as curious about who is drinking and how much, but I do notice.

Tonight is a comedy show. My 3rd time this year. There will be folks drinking. I don't care what they choose to do.

I love being mostly free of the addiction. There is only a subtle mental crave that I am afraid will be there forever.

Since I didn't take the AA route I do have more time to go out and about and have developed personal methods of coping w any crave that arises.

SR must be a big part of my process. I am on here several times a day...sometimes.

Thanks.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thiamine ( vit B1) vinono.
That’s the one that helps make energy in the form of ATP and levels your mood