Notices

Weekender Thread 02-06 AUGUST 2018

Old 08-05-2018, 02:08 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
I just realised today is 12 weeks sober (84 days)
That's fantastic Willow, well done!
Old 08-05-2018, 02:19 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 12 weeks willow
Old 08-05-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks bim!

Willow congratulations on 12 weeks, that is wonderful.

Great pics BP2.

The scariest thing where I live is invisible, 9,500 Londoners die prematurely from illegal levels of air pollution. That said I am glad there are no bears or crocodiles about. As someone who once had to flee from a gaggle of geese who had taken exception to my presence I would stand little chance.

Temperatures are climbing upwards again but to the south of us in Spain and Portugal temperature are hitting the mid 40's C circa 112 F. Scary.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:13 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

That is scary about the high European temperatures, Sao!

A couple days ago I read that Lisbon was then the hottest city on earth!

And BP, holy cow! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US with that off-the-charts cuteness?
Old 08-05-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning All, wonderful day here in the north of the UK, sun is shining, church bells are ringing and the birds are tweeting! I have a lot to be grateful for. Just had my first online video conference with the support group from rehab in Thailand where all previous clients can catch up and talk about whatever is on our mind. I really enjoyed it, it was so nice to see everyone and how they are getting along. It was also good to share for me too, these guys and gals have been through what I have in the same place, feels like a little family. It's made me a little emotional but in a good way!

Congrats for 12 weeks Willow! Great Job!

Today I am happy, I mean really happy inside and out for the first time in a very very long time. It's a happiness from within my spirit, I am calm and grounded and present. This feeling is what sobriety is all about! I know it will come and go but for today, today I am just grateful to be experiencing it.

Take care and have a great sober day everyone xx
Old 08-05-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Gosh, how truly wonderful, MantaLady!

So glad that the video conference was great, too!
Old 08-05-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders!! It’s a beautiful morning here in the states, but it’s going to be a hot one once the sun wakes up!! I’ll take it!! My little hummer ( I call her Tink- for Tinkerbell!) just visited for quite a few seconds!! She was chirping and feeding!! I talked to her and she responded looking right at me!! She’s beautiful and I’m reminded that all of God’s creation is amazing!! Grateful to see beauty!!
Ready for this day, blessed and sober! I went to 2 meetings yesterday and spent some quality time with my dear friends! Today I shall go to church and then I’m hanging with my sponsor for eggplant parm and good fun! Have a great day no matter where you are!! Much love and just one more, just for today! ❤️
Old 08-05-2018, 04:32 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Two weeks ago today I was holed up at home I was shivering,scared,consequences ringing in my ears, oh my what a sorry state I was in. That was my day 1......

Today I am getting ready to go to lunch with my Mum having done some gardening,general tidying etc. I am still anxious but so much better without King Alcohol buzzing through my system.

Thanks to AA,my Rehab group and everyone here I am determined that that miserable day 1 will NEVER be repeated.

Thank you all, congrats to Milestoners. Have a lovely Sunday.

Much Love, SP xxx
Old 08-05-2018, 04:38 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Willow, Minion and Mantalady - I'm so happy for you that you are making sobriety stick and sounding so grounded and happy. May it last for you. It does keep getting better - quite a bit better in that first year for me, all the way through that year.

Love those meeces to pieces, BP2!

We are getting animal stories. Excellent. Trach, my parents would "host" us at some state park in north Georgia every few years - in the Smokey Mountains. We would rent a couple cabins and all stay together. It was nice. Rustic, but nice. Good memories.

Luckily I've only seen one wild bear. It was a black bear, in north Georgia. No images of its rear.

Beach day today for me, or at least a walk down there. I've been eating too much this week. It happens every Fall, but this is early even for me (the over-eating.) I've become too good of a cook? No. Ice cream. Heat.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

That is wonderful, Sweetpeacan! I’m glad you’re feeling so satisfied! You’re doing perfectly!
Old 08-05-2018, 05:22 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Two weeks ago today I was holed up at home I was shivering,scared,consequences ringing in my ears, oh my what a sorry state I was in. That was my day 1......

Today I am getting ready to go to lunch with my Mum having done some gardening,general tidying etc. I am still anxious but so much better without King Alcohol buzzing through my system.
That's great to hear SP, well done!

It's amazing what a difference a couple of weeks of being alcohol free can make.

I hope you enjoy your sober Sunday.

J
Old 08-05-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

cannot wait to see the smokey mountains. even hiking part of the Appalachian trail would be a dream.

Ice cream-- Klondike Heath bars,,,,,

back to work for me.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I love Heath bars, but my teeth don’t!
Old 08-05-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Here's what black bears are really after:

We wondered what kept happening to the peaches between visits to the mountain house!
Old 08-05-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I remember that picture well Gilmer love.

Just wow people......I clebrated you in the 24 darling Sweetpea....I am SO PROUD OF YOU WOMAN!!!!!!!

And you too Mantalady and everyone......this is good stuff huh?

Old 08-05-2018, 07:06 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

So great to hear you’re really happy Mantalady ❤️❤️❤️
Thanks for being here everyone
You make all the difference ❤️❤️❤️
I’m off to bed now on another sober Sunday night after a lovely day with my family all around ❤️ xxx
Old 08-05-2018, 07:10 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Thank you for that ever-so-genteel way of letting me know that I’m repeating myself, Suze!

Old 08-05-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Super Sunday, Troopz ~

Thought I'd check in to my original Sober 'Hood, here, from MesaVille. I greatly enjoy reading about all the Sober Victories. All this Animal chat got me thinking about our lil private Deer Zoo seen below @ 6,150'. The Creeks in Canyons on either side of our Mesa keep 'em comin' 'round, as does plenty of stubble in the Irrigated Ranchland adjacent. We counted 26 Bambis one Year. I leave 'em be.

Life Is Good here in the permanent SoberSphere. I head out this Tuesday with MesaDog to Mountainous parts unknown in our cushy, Solar-powered Trailer while MesaMate gets her Chick Fix around Denver after seeing a Shoulder Doc re: Surgery done a few Months ago. Cuz, Jockette Life. She's all mo bettah now.

A few Rain Thunderheads blew by this Morning, and even dropped small Hail on us. Much needed moisture. Smoky and hot today as the Redding CA Fire Particulates sail East on the Jet Stream.

A Pal of ~5 Decades saw Joe Bonamassa at the Greek Theater in El Lay a few Nights ago. Prodigy Joe opened for B.B. King at age 12, and really smoked it at the Greek on the John Hiatt-penned tribute to Elvis linked below. If you hadn't heard of Mahalia Barnes before, you have now...

- 'Riding With The King' ~ Joe Bonamassa -

Old 08-05-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Gilmer..... I loved your bear story....I really did....first time I ever heard of someone who had a bear visiting on a regular basis

Hi Mesa
Old 08-05-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
sober style

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
We wondered what kept happening to the peaches between visits to the mountain house!
Bears eating all the peaches sounds like the real pits!