Notices

Weekender Thread 02-06 AUGUST 2018

Old 08-06-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

email open resize in paint upload with Imgur....takes me a blink....

Tired again, huge school day. Love and hugs. ♥♥
Old 08-06-2018, 06:41 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Sorry, don't see the penny.jpg....
Old 08-06-2018, 10:04 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I see it!
Old 08-06-2018, 11:37 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.

Maybe the last of the hot sunny weather today. They are saying tomorrow we will drop more than 10°c.

My apple cider vinegar experiment OMG it is smelly bitter stuff. No pain no gain....

I don't see the picture either Bim.
It could be my mobile.

Have a great day weekenders.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:15 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

morning weekenders. looks like being the last of the hot days today.

I see the squashed penny image - is there meant to be another? I usually use https://postimages.org - it resizes the image to whatever size you want & then you can just link to it.

have a good day everyone
Old 08-07-2018, 12:39 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Morning All!

I’m so excited - I’m getting a new kitty today. Another gremlin. His previous owner is a bit crazy, she sent me a recipe of what he eats and told me to buy an electric grinder immediately.

80 % chicken meat
10%organs - 5% of this 10% must be liver
And 10% grinded bones ( back and wings)

Apparently he only drinks ‘low sodium still water’...

Umm I thought Leon is spoiled, but this is on another level.

Bim, I can see your pic both from my phone and on the laptop.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:53 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
or "water" as it's commonly known
Old 08-07-2018, 12:56 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Well, she told me not to give him tap water and sent me a pic of what brand of water he drinks.

Yeahh... cat food it is.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:03 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning Everyone! How exciting Snufkin on your new addition to the family, hope that Leon is as excited as you about it! I know my Ollie won't have it, he is the king of this castle and that is the way he wants it to stay haha!

Well, off to my first AA meeting tonight. Been putting it off and being lazy to be honest but it's part of my recovery plan and I just need to bite the bullet and get myself there. Quite nervous about it and I can feel my mind coming up with all sorts of excuses and anxiety building but I am going to meditate a few times today to try and keep that whirring mind in check. xx
Old 08-07-2018, 04:19 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I have lots of mirrored wardrobes in my bedroom all down two walls with sliding doors, and decided to write on the glass a few affirmations and positive messages to myself so I see them every day when I get up. I found some whiteboard markers in my stationary drawer whilst tidying yesterday and thought it would be a good idea as I can wipe it off easy enough and change them. I also wrote one on my bathroom mirror so I see it every morning when I brush my teeth and before I go to bed. Feels a bit silly doing it but if it helps re-train my brain to be less negative about myself then I'm gonna give it a shot!

I weighed myself this morning and after being back a week I have lost 3.5lbs which is a great start to my 45lbs weightloss goal. Not doing anything crazy, just eating well and a little more exercise.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Is the penny another "red dress blue dress" like illusion? I use Chrome on an Andriod tablet. I just tried firefox with the same result - no penny. Later I'll try my windows laptop just for giggles....
Old 08-07-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

That's great, Manta!
Old 08-07-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Morning All!

I’m so excited - I’m getting a new kitty today. Another gremlin. His previous owner is a bit crazy, she sent me a recipe of what he eats and told me to buy an electric grinder immediately.

80 % chicken meat
10%organs - 5% of this 10% must be liver
And 10% grinded bones ( back and wings)

Umm I thought Leon is spoiled, but this is on another level.

Bim, I can see your pic both from my phone and on the laptop.
Lol I just posted a big ole post on your thread about this...

I did raw meat/grind it yourself for a while. At the time I had three cats. One of them liked the poultry, one of them liked the beef, one of them wouldn't touch the raw. I hated it first thing in the morning - made me want to barf.

Super expensive, and I had to buy supplements because math...and I had to continually wipe down everything in the kitchen with bleach water so I didn't make myself ill. So much drama for so little payoff.

Cans and bags it is!
Old 08-07-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
I have lots of mirrored wardrobes in my bedroom all down two walls with sliding doors, and decided to write on the glass a few affirmations and positive messages to myself so I see them every day when I get up. I found some whiteboard markers in my stationary drawer whilst tidying yesterday and thought it would be a good idea as I can wipe it off easy enough and change them. I also wrote one on my bathroom mirror so I see it every morning when I brush my teeth and before I go to bed. Feels a bit silly doing it but if it helps re-train my brain to be less negative about myself then I'm gonna give it a shot!

I weighed myself this morning and after being back a week I have lost 3.5lbs which is a great start to my 45lbs weightloss goal. Not doing anything crazy, just eating well and a little more exercise.
I think that's awesome....also I did it as well....with sticky notes, everywhere.

This was on my bathroom mirror:

You Are Strong
You Are Loved
You Can Do This
Old 08-07-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Morning Everyone! How exciting Snufkin on your new addition to the family, hope that Leon is as excited as you about it! I know my Ollie won't have it, he is the king of this castle and that is the way he wants it to stay haha!

Well, off to my first AA meeting tonight. Been putting it off and being lazy to be honest but it's part of my recovery plan and I just need to bite the bullet and get myself there. Quite nervous about it and I can feel my mind coming up with all sorts of excuses and anxiety building but I am going to meditate a few times today to try and keep that whirring mind in check. xx
It helps me to think through the things that I am actually nervous about....is it walking into a room of strangers? Cos you mastered that with your courage at rehab. Is it feeling like you will HAVE to share? You won't. Is it wondering if they will be nice people that you can relate to? They will. They will be lovely.

And you know what else....you can leave if you don't like it.
There are lots of meetings and some feel more comfortable than others.....thinking of you. Sending love. ♥♥
Old 08-07-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Snufkin.

Good luck at AA tonight MantaLady, don't forget to take a couple of bucks for the collection (I rarely carry cash and so the few times I go I get caught out)

In the wild cats are unlikely to eat chickens or liver. Mice, other small rodents and the odd pigeon is about it so very small livers perhaps. They eat better than I do.

Uncharitable Thought No.1 Walking to work this morning there is a part of it that has a narrow pavement and nose to tail parked cars roadside. It is a modest upslope and I got stuck behind two large people proceeding up it at a snail's pace towards the doctors surgery. They made me 5 minutes late.

Uncharitable Thought No.2 At the speed they were going i'll probably be stuck behind them on the way home.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I think that's awesome....also I did it as well....with sticky notes, everywhere.

This was on my bathroom mirror:

You Are Strong
You Are Loved
You Can Do This
Not far off what I wrote!! Great minds think alike hey
Attached Images
Old 08-07-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

good morning, freaking out a little here. husband and i are leaving for a camping trip tomorrow, and he just told me that some mutual friends may be joining us. I welcome the company, but they are big drinkers, whisky, wine the whole works. My AV is so excited,,,,,taking a deep breath and working out a plan of combat. My worst fear is that she just hands me a glass. Need to be pro active and somehow make sure that doesn't happen. My peaceful weekend of recharging and rebalancing my life just got turned upside down. there is a hope they wont come, and I am holding on to that with everything I have.

badge
Old 08-07-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

aw, badger. You can handle it.

Look at the affirmative messages in the post above yours.

A simple, "No, thanks," is all that is needed. No pre-emptive explanations, no long stuttering confessions.

Keep it simple.

Just, "No, thanks, I'm not drinking," is all you need. If she starts to hand you a glass, don't take it, "I'm not drinking this trip, thanks!" whilst holding up your palm (like taking an oath!) and smiling.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:24 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
In the wild cats are unlikely to eat chickens or liver. Mice, other small rodents and the odd pigeon is about it so very small livers perhaps.
I'm always amused by catfood with tuna & the like - I doubt wild kitties catch 100lb+ pelagic fish very often