Notices

Fiancé gets upset easily

Old 08-01-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fiancé gets upset easily

I need some advice. l so please don’t judge me. My fiancé smokes weed daily at least 2 times a day. We have had fights and his moods are high and low at times. I am not sure if it’s the weed or if the weed actually helps his anger. We had a disagreement last night he called me when he got off work and said he was going to go have a drink to help him wind down from his day. His back was also hurting. He hardly ever drinks so I said ok that’s fine. I was tired when I said it so he thought I sounded upset in my voice. So he came home and said he wasn’t going to go. I told him he’s fine he can go I understood if he needed a little time to himself. He still decided not to go he said he should be at home with his fiancé. After about 30 minutes I was telling him about how my day was bad at work, I was venting to him a little. I don’t ever vent to him about my job unless it’s a really bad day. I don’t want to stress him out, but this time I had to lean on him for support. The neighborhood dogs were barking so he got mad about that and He was a little irritated that i told him about my day he said why complain about it when I can’t change it. I told him sometimes it’s nice to vent to your spouse to get it off your chest but I told him I won’t tell him anymore I will tell someone else. then he accidentally spilled Coke Zero on his chest and his phone which was on his chest so he got upset and said I need a F-ing drink. So I was in shock that he was just going to jump up and leave so I said wait why are you going to leave now. So he then said well I will just wait until you go to sleep then I will go out.

That upset me because, as I explained to him, no woman wants to hear that there spouse is going to go out to the bar as soon as they fall asleep. That’s when the fight started we went round and round from 8:30-11:30. In that he told me the problem is that I talked to him too soon after he got off work and he wanted time for me to just leave him alone. He said we have already discussed this before about him needing an hour and I should know that by now that he needs time. He said he doesn’t want me to tell him about my day because it’s too upsetting to him. He said on the phone I sounded sad so he stayed home even though I told him multiple times to go. I told him I wasn’t sad that I just was tired and had a bad day. He then told me I need to perk up on the phone then. He said I need to get used to the fact that he may go out of the house when I am asleep and that if he tells me I just need to say ok and not comment on it.

He said he feels like I don’t respect him as a husband or leader of the house. My point to him was I told him 3 times he could go and he said no then when we are actually sitting down spending time together he felt then that he had to leave. I also explained that no GF, fiancé, wife etc. wants to here their significant other say “when you fall asleep I’m going to the bar.” I told him he could have already been gone and came home in the time we have been arguing and we would have had a great night but he was so wishy washy about going that it was frustrating to me. There was a lot of things said but we are ok now. I feel a lot after fights it’s all my fault and that I am just constantly Messing up and not being a good wife or future wife to him.He gets super mad if I interrupt him and tells me to hush he claps his hands until I stop talking and he said he was going to throw his coke can threw the wall. He gets so upset it’s hard for me to even express my feelings. Any outside perspective would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If this would have happened to me. I would have left him, long ago as I am sure this have been his mentality the entire relationship.
I, personally, will not be with someone who thinks they are superior to me. "the leader of the house" , umm no. A relationship is equal parts, sure sometimes 1 is doing more than the other but that is always shifting.
He sounds SUPER controlling. - Is that how you want to live the rest of your life? Being controlled?

A few good books I would look into would be
Co-dependent no more
It is a great eye-opener to our own behavior, and super enlightening.

Good luck,
DC
Old 08-01-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

It's been a few months since you last posted and nothing has seemed to improved. And they aren't bound to. And changing his status from fiance to husband isn't going to fix him either. You are probably seeing him at his best behavior. What's his worst going to be?
Old 08-01-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with dreamcatCher

He sounds very controlling. Clapping his hands to shush you. Not allowing you to speak in his time. Telling you what to do. Leader of the house. A throwback to the 1950s.

I would also have left this relationship a long time ago. By staying with him you are just showing him his emotional abuse and behaviour is acceptable. When you have children will you be happy your daughter growingg up learning that is how men should treat her. Or your sons seeing this as a good example to treat women. Children learn from what they see every day.

Abuse doesn't have to be physical. Do yourself a favour and respect yourself. You are worth so much more than a man treating you so badly.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wouldn't even attempt to blame smoking weed for his behavior. He just sounds like an ass,from what you've said about him.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's sounds like he might have some mental health issues but if so that would be no excuse for his behaviour. It seems to be psychological domestic abuse and if so it's unlikely to get better.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

this man is all about control and self-importance. he's backing you further into a corner and squashing you. clapping his hands to make you stop talking? 1 hour silence rule? not allowed to talk about your own day? that is not a partner or fiance......that's a prison guard. it sounds awful. this is NOT a pot problem............

back in april you shared about similar behaviors.....him snapping his fingers at you, saying he'd "wait" until you learned to do better. you are not a pet to be house trained.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lovelost777 View Post
He gets super mad if I interrupt him and tells me to hush he claps his hands until I stop talking .
This is not okay. In fact, this is abuse. You have every right to speak in your relationship. Please take a look at this information:

Domestic Abuse Defined
Abuse Defined - The National Domestic Violence Hotline
Old 08-01-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

As a guy I can tell you straight up I would never even dream of treating a SO this way. This guy sounds like a total a$$. You can do better.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This guy sounds like a control freak. He won't just 'get better', he has serious issues. I would not stay with anyone who treated me this way.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

'Leader of the house'. 'Claps his hands until I stop talking.'

He is treating you like a child not an equal. He sounds like a control freak. Leave this man ASAP he is potentially dangerous to you.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
It's been a few months since you last posted and nothing has seemed to improved. And they aren't bound to. And changing his status from fiance to husband isn't going to fix him either. You are probably seeing him at his best behavior. What's his worst going to be?
You are getting exactly the same advice as you got in April. Please, please take heed. It's nothing to do with weed as others have said.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Anna, lovelost. This doesn't sound like a relationship where you are encouraged to grow - quite the opposite.

Think about what you want your future to be like - you deserve good things

D
Old 08-01-2018, 04:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

I'm not a pre marriage counselor and I did not sleep at Holiday Inn last night however even this ole country boy can see several red flags blowing. You need to really reconsider signing up for his type behavior.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well he sounds like a dick!!!!
Old 08-01-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I had a hard time reading your post especially toward the last. He is abusive and controlling. And it will likely get worse. You should feel that you have to "behave" a certain way just so he won't get upset. That's no way to live. Sorry you are going through this.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Smoking weed made my mood very unstable.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Every time I read the title and recall your post I think it is time you gave him something to be upset about, for good.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey hun
A lot of red flags in your post
Personally he sounds a bit like my own husband
As I get stronger in my sobriety I also get stronger in what i will and will not put up with
You don't have to put up and shut up anymore...that much I've learned
Your entitled to your voice
Your opinions
And your worth so much more than to be silenced by someone clapping there hands to silence you...
I'm working on mine
Hopefully you will to
Love cara
Old 08-02-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

A man who clapped his hands at me to shut up would wake up with bloody stumps to clap together and me still talking - probably more and faster.

It is not the weed, the guy is a childish jerk. Run far, run fast and start your own healing process.