Notices

A little over 24 hours in

Old 07-28-2018, 12:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on making it to day 3 (especially with someone bringing more beer in the house and drinking in front of you)! You are doing an immensely healthy thing for yourself and your four year old. Go you!
Old 07-28-2018, 01:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi ABL

Congratulations on 3 days! Planting and (hopefully) growing things is a hobby of mine, l grow mostly herbs and some sunflowers. Having a time consuming hobby is important to keep your time and hands occupied. l'm sure your little boy will be loving the time he gets to spend with you.

Good luck and keep it up
Old 07-28-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on 3 days adiosbudlight

D
Old 07-28-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

3 days is wonderful! I'm glad you're enjoying being free of it.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day 8 here, Librium really was a lifesaver for me. I took a little less than prescribed so I could taper off to use 10 mg a night to help sleep, for the first six nights. I hadn’t slept that well in years! I shared a king sized bed with my two daughters, 11 and 14 as we were out of town, and we all three fell asleep at midnight and woke up at 10 am both nights! It was so nice. Plus it really helps with the anxiety in those first few days.

It’s hard to believe your soon-to-be ex doesn’t seem to care about your son growing up with two alcoholic parents. Selfish indeed! Good for you for having the opposite mindset and trying your best to give your son a better life. Thank God he has you. It will keep getting better, you will see. You must break up with the beer just like breaking up with a toxic man, don’t look back, don’t go back, you know he/it will only continue to hurt you and tear you down. Regain your self worth and inner beauty. You have a tough road ahead, as do I, but with your divorce will come additional stress. Stay strong mama. Your son and you are all that matter now. A much better life awaits.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

You have the power and the right to pour any alcohol left in the house right down the drain! It is a great feeling! Congrats on 3 or is it now 4 days sober!!