Notices

Hi newbie here to introduce myself

Old 07-26-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi newbie here to introduce myself

I have been reading the posts here for a hot second to try and find extra some support in issues faced thus far with recovery and aa stuff, I really believe in the program.

I am pretty new in sobriety from alcohol, just shy of 60 days, which is the most I have had in 8 years on my own (there are a few rehab stints in my past), anorexia I still have a lot of issues with and my therapist is happy I have put on a little weight since getting sober but this is a very hard struggle on top of not drinking. I hope this is ok to mention here and I was wondering if I have a bad day with anorexia does this restart my sobriety from booze?

I go to 1-2 meetings everyday and working on the finding a sponsor thing, I do have a home group in aa and make the coffee, and as of sunday bringing meetings into a treatment center with someone with a lot more time.

anyways I joined to find out some more information and support with issues that come up in being sober. I could not have gotten where I am today with out aa and asking for help while being super honest. Not to war story, but I was a pretty hopeless state with bleak looks from my doctors and a horrible medical detox after months of just going in and out of the hospital with oxygen tubes hooked up. I am just amazed that some one like me who was a throw away it felt like to be sober and even getting my brother slowly back into my life now and he called me for my belly button birthday yesterday when I turned 27.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support here.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, welcome to the SR family.
A mine of information, help, support and advice to be had here.
Well done on 60 days
Old 07-26-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 60 days, the best is yet to come! Welcome to SR.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome insatiable, so happy for you in your 27th year with such a bright better life to look forward to.
Keep doing the right things, good for you and welcome
Happy 27th Birthday
Old 07-26-2018, 07:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm not an expert on your question to do with counting the days but I would think you are doing your best every day to eat and be as well as possible and not picking up that first drink in order to live a great sober life which is wonderful and just concentrate on one day at a time
Old 07-27-2018, 12:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday - congrats on 60 days - and welcome insatiable

As for counting, I think its a personal thing.

I have one date but a lot of people have a variety of sober dates - that might be an approach that encourages, rather than discourages, you?

D
Old 07-27-2018, 01:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi and well done on 60 days.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome and glad you are here. I too struggled with anorexia in the past and as I got older went through periods of anor six behaviors as well as bulimic ones. In sobriety, I find they still come up because hey are long standing methods of coping, much like my drinking became.

I wouldn't consider a bad day with food related to any sobriety I have maintained. Rather, I deal with it as soon as I can by applying the steps. Seriously- I just did a step 1-3 over my battle with nightly bingeing. It had taken on the same anxiety and cycle as my vodka habit was at the end of my drinking career.

It IS difficult to battle these two issues, and plenty of people do, like us. Patience with myself, even when I am heavy like now (for me) and have st uggled with food a lot during my lengthy recovery from a back injury and inability to exercise.

Glad you shared. It annoyed me immensely when people told me all of Recovery takes time...but they were and are right. Keep going.