Notices

90 Days

Old 07-27-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Primativo View Post
Yes actually I do have moments when I think to myself "is this it?".

I think people talk a lot about a pink cloud. Now I've come to 90 days I almost feel like, "Ok I've done it. Now what?". It almost felt like an anticlimax in a weird sort of way. Like the novelty of recovery wears off.

What I am choosing to do however is to throw myself even more into stimulating hobbies and passions to help fill my time and give me focus. Plus even more exercise and weights.

The thing is, alcohol had such a destructive hold over my life, I know that even if life is mundane a bit sometimes, it is a million times better than being hungover, obsessing about my next alcoholic drink, depression, anxiety, swollen stomach, GI problems, and all the other things alcohol caused....

Keep going
Thanks for replying It does feel a little anti-climactic for me too, the nice shiny newness of sobriety has worn off and the long slog ahead can be seen. I still really love not feeling crappy everyday and I too have found a new love for exercise. It's not even like being sober is harder than being drunk at this point, being drunk needed a lot of time and effort and I don't miss it.

Setting goals seems to be working for me whether it's workout/weight loss etc something to work towards helps otherwise I think I might start swimming around in circles lol.

Glad you are doing well
Old 07-28-2018, 01:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Sounds like you have a lot of good ideas for keeping busy and enjoying life. Are you working a recovery plan as well? I know it is critical for me to have one so I can best handle the ups and downs of life, and to live my best life overall.
I don't have a recovery plan yet. Not sure what to start, they did cover it in outpatient treatment but that was a few weeks ago now and I've forgotten most of it.
Old 07-28-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its tempting to think 'yeah I'm doing ok - no need for a plan' but I still recommend it.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)
D
Old 07-29-2018, 04:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Its tempting to think 'yeah I'm doing ok - no need for a plan' but I still recommend it.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)
D
Thanks Dee.

Picked up my 3 month chip from AA today
Old 07-29-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Originally Posted by Primativo View Post
Yes actually I do have moments when I think to myself "is this it?".

I think people talk a lot about a pink cloud. Now I've come to 90 days I almost feel like, "Ok I've done it. Now what?". It almost felt like an anticlimax in a weird sort of way. Like the novelty of recovery wears off.

What I am choosing to do however is to throw myself even more into stimulating hobbies and passions to help fill my time and give me focus. Plus even more exercise and weights.

The thing is, alcohol had such a destructive hold over my life, I know that even if life is mundane a bit sometimes, it is a million times better than being hungover, obsessing about my next alcoholic drink, depression, anxiety, swollen stomach, GI problems, and all the other things alcohol caused....

Keep going
Let's keep it going and then celebrate when we hit the 90 day milestone! Big tall blizzard from Dairy Queen!!