Notices

Newbie Question(s)

Old 07-25-2018, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie Question(s)

Hello everyone!

First post on the forum here. I’m currently 2 weeks sober from alcohol, 3 months sober from marijuana, and am about a month sober from recreational cocaine use. Lots to keep up with, ha..

Ever since I cut out alcohol though, I’ve been surprisingly tired.. like could sleep all throughout the day but of course, have trouble sleeping at night. I’m also having daily headaches. Kind of wondering, is this familiar for anyone else? Like, are fatigue and headaches to be expected? I would think I would be pumped full of energy.

Anyway, hello and thanks!
Old 07-25-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Arpretty!

I wasn't addicted to any other drug so I can only talk about the effects it had on me when I stopped drinking.

If I remember correctly, I was extremely tired for a few weeks. I had no energy at all and the first week or two I had bad headaches and nausea. But the symptoms are very different from person to person. Fatigue and headaches aren't unusual though. If it doesn't get better and you're worried I'd always recommend talking to a doctor though

And congratulations on your progress, quitting all those things! You're very strong, keep going!
Old 07-25-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It takes time for your body to heal from the effects of alcohol. Being tired at two weeks sober is pretty normal. If the headaches continue, you might want to talk to your doctor.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Anna, thanks for your comment. Kind of reassures me that this feeling low energy and flat maybe just my body recovering from all the booze.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Me too, thanks for the replies! Day 14 and I feel decent today.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations. It’s totally normal. Takes a little time to normalize. Gets better every day. Keep it up.