Notices

Weekender Thread 26 - 30th July 2018

Old 07-28-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
Sorry for posting yet again...

Right now I feel like drinking looks like an option (not a good one) again, for the first time in months. My life has been so painful so far and it gets too much to process or deal with sometimes. I never get quite enough time to recover from one painful thing when the next already happens. It keeps adding. I wish I could still numb it, just for a night. Like I could do it with the booze for a while. I know it stopped working for me and I don't want to go back to having to drink all day every day ever again. I just wish I could turn off the pain sometimes. Constant pain. It's so hard. Sometimes I really lose hope that it will change. I am still young, I don't want my future to be as painful as my past was. But it keeps coming. Always more pain. And more. I am so exhausted.

And I have to go through it alone. Always alone when life gets tough. It's always the same, it just keeps repeating.
I want to share something with you.

The booze NEVER stopped working for me. Not ever. I could have kept going until my kidneys and liver and brain and feet and eyes and everything else that was failing just stopped. Probably I would have had a heart attack and they would have found me smelling of chardonnay.

I was dying.

Sometimes it takes years to stop again once we pick up.....it's not worth it. It really isn't.

And the bad stuff will pass and you will learn to deal with it all more easily.....I know every month sober I am stronger.

Hope you slept love. ♥♥♥
Old 07-28-2018, 04:31 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hi Vinny love. ♥♥
Old 07-28-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Healthyandsober View Post
Im sober its wild
Big thumbs up!

Hey, I forget HAS, you have two dogs?
Old 07-28-2018, 04:53 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I want to share something with you.

The booze NEVER stopped working for me. Not ever. I could have kept going until my kidneys and liver and brain and feet and eyes and everything else that was failing just stopped. Probably I would have had a heart attack and they would have found me smelling of chardonnay.

I was dying.

Sometimes it takes years to stop again once we pick up.....it's not worth it. It really isn't.

And the bad stuff will pass and you will learn to deal with it all more easily.....I know every month sober I am stronger.

Hope you slept love. ♥♥♥
Interesting you mention feet. I stopped running when I stopped drinking, I just couldn't keep it up any longer (both drinking and running). I experienced a lot of foot, leg and hip pain for the longest time. I'd say probably 8-10 months before things started to feel somewhat normal again. I always wondered if it was because I stopped running suddenly or withdrawal from alcohol or both?
Old 07-28-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hey there weekenders!! It’s Saturday morning here in the US. Today is supposed to be the first day without rain in quite a long spell. Humid ohhh yes, but blue skies. I’m hurting... I struggle with Fibromyalgia and today I awoke feeling run over by a Mack truck!! In the past the drink numbed that somewhat for me, but that’s not the case these days. It’s been a bit since I recognized a flare up, but I’m recognizing it today!😫😩. I am resolute in staying sober, so I shall hit my 10 am meeting, armor up and try to move a little more today-activity is helpful!
Also... was reading the chips/crisps convo. I grew up in England before emigrating west, and my absolute all time favorite is SKIPS - Prawn Cocktail!! I can sometimes find them at a local BRITISH shop, but not always, ohhhh and Monster Munch-pickled onion flavor!! Yum!! Now I want some...lol!! Maybe I’ll go there today and pick up some comforts of home!! Actual pickled onions and a cheese sandwich, now that sounds delightful! If only I could get some Lancashire cheese!! Dreaming!!

Well folks!! Have a Super day whatever it holds! Much Love ❤️
Old 07-28-2018, 05:20 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello Suze folks.

At mom in laws. Raining. My daughter is here for the holidays. Just had lunch and toying with the ideas of (watching) the penultimate stage of the Tour de France. Sometimes looking at sport make you feel a little sportive. OK maybe not.... At least it's not Netflix

Sao posted earlier about how at first you may not succeed but you will learn about your addiction. It's important to remember that.
Addiction has lots of facets. It loves it when you are down and exhausted and loves it when you are up and feeling fantastic. It can be premeditated or completely come over to wipe you out in a blink. If you don't have the first one you will win. Limit the risks. It might feel like your losing your mind sometimes. You might feel like you are doing the opposite of what you want to do. You can limit the risks. You will feel better for making the responsable decision. There are so many things in this life that we have no control over. But this one we can have control over. We plan. As PJ said earlier committing to your recovery.
Forwards all.

Wow I need to stop rambling.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Minion, they have Lancashire on Amazon. If you like prawn crisps look for Japanese shrimp chips.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

VMan, it was such a good post. Please ramble more.

It also makes me giggle a tiny bit...holy crap a spider just dropped onto my arm!! BRB
Old 07-28-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders! Here's to another happy and sober day!
Old 07-28-2018, 06:08 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

aack

the creatures all come inside when I leave the doors and windows open.

Okay, so I'm giggling at the potato chip talk.

Kev, a drink will not take your pain away it will just add layer upon layer of new pain. Ask me how I know. Please don't do it. Just hang on. I know that "alone" feeling - but I'd rather be alone with my thoughts sober than the scary/soul-sucking thoughts I had when I was drinking. Such depression and hopelessness. When I quit it took a couple weeks to not feel like I was in a swamp being sucked down. Now? I'll never go back.

Thanks for the opportunity for me to say that this morning.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Hey there weekenders!! It’s Saturday morning here in the US. Today is supposed to be the first day without rain in quite a long spell. Humid ohhh yes, but blue skies. I’m hurting... I struggle with Fibromyalgia and today I awoke feeling run over by a Mack truck!! In the past the drink numbed that somewhat for me, but that’s not the case these days. It’s been a bit since I recognized a flare up, but I’m recognizing it today!😫😩. I am resolute in staying sober, so I shall hit my 10 am meeting, armor up and try to move a little more today-activity is helpful!
Also... was reading the chips/crisps convo. I grew up in England before emigrating west, and my absolute all time favorite is SKIPS - Prawn Cocktail!! I can sometimes find them at a local BRITISH shop, but not always, ohhhh and Monster Munch-pickled onion flavor!! Yum!! Now I want some...lol!! Maybe I’ll go there today and pick up some comforts of home!! Actual pickled onions and a cheese sandwich, now that sounds delightful! If only I could get some Lancashire cheese!! Dreaming!!

Well folks!! Have a Super day whatever it holds! Much Love ❤️
I found the cheese love.

Do you have Wholefoods where you are? They make their own....the proper British recipe. And some other places too.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Hello Suze folks.

At mom in laws. Raining. My daughter is here for the holidays. Just had lunch and toying with the ideas of (watching) the penultimate stage of the Tour de France. Sometimes looking at sport make you feel a little sportive. OK maybe not.... At least it's not Netflix

Sao posted earlier about how at first you may not succeed but you will learn about your addiction. It's important to remember that.
Addiction has lots of facets. It loves it when you are down and exhausted and loves it when you are up and feeling fantastic. It can be premeditated or completely come over to wipe you out in a blink. If you don't have the first one you will win. Limit the risks. It might feel like your losing your mind sometimes. You might feel like you are doing the opposite of what you want to do. You can limit the risks. You will feel better for making the responsable decision. There are so many things in this life that we have no control over. But this one we can have control over. We plan. As PJ said earlier committing to your recovery.
Forwards all.

Wow I need to stop rambling.
It's not a ramble at all. It's a wonderful post. Thank you love.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Now, I want chips. Golden Flake No Salt Added chips. I think I'll stop by the store on the way to the folks' house.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:10 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Quick check in. Picnic is today. Didn't sleep well. Trying hard not be cranky and in a bad mood but am afraid it is a losing battle
No worries will not drink, may throw something at someone but no booze

Badge
Old 07-28-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Nick is being very very nice to me but I am sure he would like to throw something at me if he was not such a gentleman.....sigh.....the gas pipeline....right outside.....3 feet....something went wrong I guess and they had to dig big time next to the house as well as the front....I have every kind of construction vehicle possible outside, even a cop....bet she wishes she brought more than breakfast in her little backpack....

So I am GRUMPY and I have a headache and my teeth are vibrating.
I feel sick from the smells of the equipment....kind of like I am hungover.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Venus, sounds like a day for the museum or the library or ...wait for it...the mall.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:46 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Vman, you were not rambling at all!
Old 07-28-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Badge, just grit your teeth; speak as little as possible; allow yourself several “sneaking away” breaks (not to sneak wine, but to breathe free for a few minutes); and congratulate yourself on every hour that goes by.

When I have to undergo something unpleasant, I first try to go in with a blank slate: I assume it’s a genuinely good time—until it sours.

Then I implement the above principles till it’s over at last.

Though it may seem interminable, it really will be a finite amount of time to endure.

When it’s over, I pat myself on the back and note that it’s “one more notch in my belt”—one more chore dispatched!
Old 07-28-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Minion, I hope the Fibromyalgia subsides, I had to Google it and it seems pretty uncomfortable. Lancashire cheese is not sold in most supermarkets in London (I don't think) you have to go to a deli. I like it too although no cheese at all for me at the moment as I am fighting belly fat.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Btw, I forgot to ask - was SR "down" for a short time yesterday?