# 21 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

afternoon weekenders. I'm in.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How cool, Dragon!
Old 07-26-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a whole year sober, Lilymaz!
Old 07-26-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Think I found part of the cure to my grumpiness. I cleared out my 'Music' room so that I had enough space to twirl around in with my arms wide and not worry about hitting anything. (And I did that several times). Then as I was playing my uke, dear daughter walked in and said 'OMG, there is enough room in here to dance!' and she did!
Beautiful. ♥
Old 07-26-2018, 06:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Old 07-26-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Is Dee having cake for birthday? Can we have cake. I swear to goodness I am a huge, walking, congealed lump of carbs.

It is hot as freaking balls at work today. And I am Canadian, we aren't supposed to get hot. It is like 98 for American friends, around 33 for the rest of the world and so dang humid. We have A/C and it just isn't doing it. This client is a conglomerate heating fuels and HVAC company, you'd think we'd have good temperature control.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

So, so sorry, MLH! I was feeling your pain a couple weeks ago!

Purps, that’s a really cute emoji!
Old 07-26-2018, 07:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

MLH I want some cake too please! I don't look like it but I am obsessed with cake. When I am not walking on crutches and not mega busy either I usually bake one every other week at least.

I just checked my calendar and saw that this weekend might actually be the last one with the crutches! 8 more days... Maybe I can trick myself into feeling separation anxiety so I will appreciate having them for the moment?

No but honestly, I can't wait to get rid of them. My depression is so bad again and I need to be able to get out and move. Plus in this heat it would be so lovely to go for a swim! I only fear that my muscles will be totally diminished and I won't be able to walk much. Apparently it takes only 2 weeks for a muscle to shrink by 50%
Old 07-26-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sure, you girls can have cake....I am betting Dee would want you to have cake....

Old 07-26-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

hottest day of the year so far - 35C at Heathrow today. Britain has officially melted.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

We had 34C here yesterday. And it will stay around the 30C mark for the next weeks... it's annoying for us humans but the poor plants, no rain for ages and then these high temperatures!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:19 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Think I found part of the cure to my grumpiness. I cleared out my 'Music' room so that I had enough space to twirl around in with my arms wide and not worry about hitting anything. (And I did that several times). Then as I was playing my uke, dear daughter walked in and said 'OMG, there is enough room in here to dance!' and she did!
Similarly, I think I found my cure for anxiety. I need to set the phone and laptop down when I am watching television or doing other things while at home.

I find myself checking the same four sites over and over again (ones besides this one) that I have had a long-term habit of regularly checking. When there are no updates (or updates on things on social media that irritate me), I just feel like I am clicking around aimlessly and wasting my time. I am finally learning, dammit!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

On a very similar note... my friend in recovery/advisor forwarded this to me a few weeks ago...Hyperbole and a Half: This is Why I'll Never be an Adult
Old 07-26-2018, 11:42 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TeeJayVerm View Post
On a very similar note... my friend in recovery/advisor forwarded this to me a few weeks ago...Hyperbole and a Half: This is Why I'll Never be an Adult
Hahaha, I really liked that one. Unfortunately I can identify with it. I think I'm very slowly getting better at finding a balance and just add one new responsibility at a time, giving myself time to get comfortable with it and allowing myself scheduled breaks. But only slowly I get better at this, it still happens often enough that I get so overwhelmed that I get close to a complete system failure.

It's a nice reminder, I'll bookmark it! Thanks for sharing
Old 07-26-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Gosh, TeeJay—this is JUST SO TRUE of me!

Grocery shopping in particular makes me want to hide under a pillow!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:50 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Gosh, TeeJay—this is JUST SO TRUE of me!

Grocery shopping in particular makes me want to hide under a pillow!
I agree Gilmer, it's a pain! I try and motivate myself by buying some small treats like chocolate bars so I don't get all moody and throw myself on the floor crying while waiting at the till like a toddler.

But even worse is taking the bins out. They fill up so quickly and they stink, I just can't with the smells.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I always get stuck with dragging them back in!
Old 07-26-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
saoutchik

34+ C or 95F in London today.

Originally Posted by TeeJayVerm View Post

LOL! That was funny. I certainly felt that way when I was married and my kids were still kids. As a solo fifty seven year old it's not so difficult, I could probably do with more responsibilities to prevent me from turning into one of those weird old men that obsess about everything.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

oh I am so going to need this weekender thread, husbands family picnic is saturday, which means we will leave home at 2pm tomorrow drive for 7 hours, check into a hotel, go to the picnic, leave early drive 4 or so hours, check into another hotel, (breaking up the drive home), get up, drive 4 more hours home, change clothes so that I can be at work at 2pm sunday for a 10 hour shift. I wont go into the drama that will happen at the picnic itself, someone will hurt husbands feelings, he will get all bent out of shape, be king martyr, take the football (so to speak) and go home (hurray!). Plus this will be my first in a long time sober, as much as my AV would justify and encourage, I am really to tired and unmotivated to go through all the work involved in drinking. You all know, I would have to buy a big box of wine, tear up and throw the box in a garbage can not near my house, empty water bottles, try to stuff them into my back back so that they wont come open and spill over everything. Than have massive anxiety attacks throughout the whole trip over them breaking open, getting squished or something, Then figuring out how to access the wine while at the picnic without drawing attention to the fact that I am going to the car every half an hour. I cannot believe that is how I behaved for years and truly believed I was fooling everyone,, wow so sad. really.

I will however be raiding the picnic table with all the desserts on it every half an hour,,,,,

Badge
Old 07-26-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

oh it is 38c with 14 % humidity here, I had to google celcius, it does make it seem cooler,,

badge