Notices

Almost Day 4, found a good A.A. tonight. Missing the bar

Old 07-23-2018, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost Day 4, found a good A.A. tonight. Missing the bar

But not nearly enough to break my progress and go there. The A.A. meeting I found is right down the street from my house and a few blocks away from the bar so it was good to be there knowing how close I was to just saying eff this I want to get hammered. And my AV at this point doesn’t want to just go drink, now it’s raging and wants to get absolutely sloshed. Funny how that works! Well AV I made it to a meeting, I made it home, I made in my pajamas with my lemonade on my nightstand and my SR in my hand. I feel like a warrior right now honestly. Don’t mess with me AV! You’ve already taken enough from me.

It was emotional, my eyes welled up quite a bit during the meeting. I was shy and couldn’t speak up, and I was the first one to hightail it out of there when it was over (there was probably 40 of us, all ages and genders), but you know what? I’ll be back. Because I have to choose life or I am choosing death. Some people don’t have the choice. I do. God give me the strength to get through this first week or so. Not gonna lie. That warm rush of a couple of shots of vodka is really calling me. But I am better than that, so much better. We all are!
Thank you so much for being here for me!
Old 07-23-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are a warrior!!! Congratulations!!!
Old 07-23-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eyes99 View Post
You are a warrior!!! Congratulations!!!
Thank you 😊
Old 07-23-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep it up , with a strong warrior attitude like yours , you will prevail, I need to get a warrior attitude , you just helped me with your post. Thank you
Old 07-23-2018, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bunchie View Post
Keep it up , with a strong warrior attitude like yours , you will prevail, I need to get a warrior attitude , you just helped me with your post. Thank you
I’m so glad I could inspire you. My therapist taught me that I’m a warrior. And so are you! Think of yourself as capable of overcoming anything, because you know you already have and you can overcome this too.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job.

There is an enormous liquor store at the Iight where you turn onto the street one of the biggest and oldest AA clubhouses is located. Now it makes me laugh at the irony every time I go right by it to park for the meeting.