Notices

Bottom

Old 07-22-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SWB

She honestly was blindsided, she had no idea. It mostly after she went to bed. She’s crushed.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I've been on both sides of this thing. It's very hard for the non-addicts in our lives to understand what we go through. They feel insulted & betrayed when we don't confide in them - I know I did. Then when I became dependent on alcohol myself, I lied & did whatever was necessary to cover up my behavior. It's a complicated mess & I'm so glad to be out of it. You can stay sober, SWB - no need to ever return to that miserable life.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SWB View Post
I felt I needed to do that so I absolutely won’t drink. .
That's trying to 'place your sobriety' on her and is not very fair. What's done is done. What's your sobriety plan look like going forward?
Old 07-22-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have found, for me, in early sobriety it is important to really pause before taking action. This really applies to everything. Relationships, work issues, parenting, communicating....and of course, reacting to cravings. Learning to pause has been huge for me with respect to how I relate to everything. I can always say something or do something. But once its said or done, well its done. I find that if I sit on something that I'm a little unsure of for a few days, I usually no longer care. Write it down, stick it in a drawer. If I remember its there 3 days later, then maybe I should act.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SWB

End of day two, no drinking. Have a call in to a counselor and going to another meeting tomorrow night. Even though I think it’s good I told her it has ripped us apart and she’s not sure about our future.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
SWB

About recovery sleep. The time I actually am asleep is four or five hours that comes in bursts, with the same weird and very quick dreams
Old 07-23-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sleep issues/insomnia are very, very common early on. Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, so after you quit drinking your mind is literally waking back up. I would say that if you are actually getting 4-5 hours of sleep on day 2 you are doing very well! Might not seem like it now but it will definitely improve.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
SWB

Thanks Scott, my name as well🙂