Notices

Tianeptine is the Devil

Old 07-21-2018, 04:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tianeptine is the Devil

On day 8 now. Never made it this far before. The RLS is finally calming down (I learned not to take Benadryl as that could make it worse, apparently that's true) and I slept last night, only getting up once... instead of being up for hours and hours in the night. Things must be getting better.

T really gets a strong grip on a person. I believe myself to NOT have an addictive personality. In the past 30 years I have literally walked away from cigarettes, cocaine, opiates.... but that T... it doesn't want to let you go. I STILL refuse to call myself an addict... I am physically dependent. I am just working through the physical aspects of it now... but the fact that the mental changes I have noticed might make me rethink the "addict" label. (Don't hold your breath, though, I'm very stubborn and hate to label myself anything.)

I have kept a log of my withdrawals this time around and I think it covers a lot of symptoms. The only problem (actually it was a blessing) is that I had gotten a hold of enough benzos to sleep the first almost 5 days, so that helped a LOT. I am not sure I would actually recommend that particular style of kicking to someone, but I have lots of experience with benzos and wasn't afraid of OD'ing and I'm certainly not afraid of becoming addicted because I don't even like them. It was sure weird to only wake up a few times, groggy, take a few sips of water, and go back to sleep for that long, though. No food at all during that time. Maybe that helped push more of the drug out of me, not having my digestive system have to work on food at all, I don't know. I just know I didn't want to feel how horrible it was going to feel for me, and the very lucky fact someone just happened to be able to share many benzos with me helped a lot with my getting over the hump (I never made it past day 4 before).
Old 07-21-2018, 06:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome TD

I have no experience to share, but welcome aboard.

I am not sure I would actually recommend that particular style of kicking to someone
neither would I - I really recommend you stop getting benzos off anyone but a doctor.

D
Old 07-21-2018, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was prescribed Librium, a less addictive benzo used mainly for withdrawals. I’ll have enough for 4-5 days and I don’t think I could do this without them. By then I’ll have the clarity and losing my taste for booze enough to take it from there on my own without any meds. But the sleep thing is the biggest benefit, with good sleep you feel so much better and stronger. I wouldn’t take them longer than a week, you’ll get addicted even if you think you don’t like them. I’m glad you’re sleeping better on your own without them.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I’ll not get addicted to smoking because I don’t even like them.....said every smoker ever.
Same ball park
Old 07-22-2018, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ha ha, Ok I hear you all on the addiction part. But the benzos were for 5 days only. I'm not taking them at all anymore. I wanted to sleep through the worst of the WDs, and I did. And I really do not like them, at all. I could care less if they fell off the earth, except for when I need sleep. lol

Today is day 9, no tianeptine. Still missing it like crazy. Still not taking it.