SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 19 - 23rdJuly 2018 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/430209-weekender-thread-19-23rdjuly-2018-a.html)

Dee74 07-18-2018 11:45 PM

Weekender Thread 19 - 23rdJuly 2018

you know the drill ;)

I'd like to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time, and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..amdtythign that makes the journey a little easier :)

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - no time like today...do it now!

D

andyh 07-18-2018 11:48 PM

thanks Dee, I'm in :)

Healthyandsober 07-19-2018 12:01 AM

Shot gun? Im in

theVman31 07-19-2018 12:27 AM

Thanks D. Im in too.

Congrats on Shotgun H&S :)

Vice shotgun !

Dee74 07-19-2018 12:35 AM

nice move there HAS!:)

D

Willow00 07-19-2018 01:17 AM

Thanks D :)

And thanks for the recipe Trach, but I still don’t know if I can get okra here.... will look next time I’m at the supermarket.

Dragon, sorry but that squeezey cheese looked rather gross... I think I’d prefer real cheese...

theVman31 07-19-2018 01:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterdays stage 11 saw Team SKY show their superiority . Stage win going to Geraint THOMAS (SKY)
An amazing effort from Sky with up to 7 or 8 riders driving along the peleton permanently... It will be interesting to see if froome works for geraint thomas and how the team will build a strategy with two potential tour winners.
Not to rule out Tom Dumoulin (an my preferred Dan Martin)
It was a gruelling day for the two french hopes Warren and Romain.

Todays stage - 175Kms in the alps mountains with a finish on the mythique Alpe d'Huez

Gilmer 07-19-2018 02:11 AM

Thanks, Dee. I’m in! :)

That’s amazing, Vman. I have known very little about the Tour de France in the past—I knew the riders went up hills, but it never occurred to me that they went up mountains—and several of them!

Snufkin 07-19-2018 02:54 AM

Thanks Dee! :)

Morning, Weekenders! I’m still half asleep and trying to drag my butt out of bed, but so far with no success. ;)

Vinny, omg I didn’t know anything about Tour de France - that’s amazing... and scary!

MyLittleHorsie 07-19-2018 03:25 AM

Thanks Dee!

38 or 39th weekend sober. Not in a math mood today. Should bode well for the rest of the day lol.

My event company has an event this weekend. Very demanding client. My kids. :) Mid summer bbq and carnival. One of the moms i am friendly with, go shopping but we have kids and move in different circles asked if i wanted a bottle of rum or tequila for the event. I laughed and just said, I don't drink. That revelation becomes easier each time I say it.

Of course in advance of the event, one of my kids is sick... Oh well, I get an early day off work to go to doctor. Good because she woke me at 3am. I am tired and have a very important meeting today with the government. It would be ok if they weren't all new on the job and knew their own rules and regulations. Always fun to school the auditors lol.

theVman31 07-19-2018 03:28 AM

Hey Kathy & Snuf.
I have always loved cycling and the tour.
The little town where I grew up had a famous cycling history and I was in a club there as a child. I was not very good so I quit after a summer or so.

How are you doing Snufkin?

Snufkin 07-19-2018 03:34 AM

Hi Vinny! That’s so cool! Ohh it kinda reminds me of Les Triplettes de Belleville! Have you seen it? It’s an animated film about a Tour de France cyclist, who has been kidnapped by the French mafia for gambling purposes haha, it’s so funny, and my favourite animation ever I think.

I’m doing OK, I’ve been feeling really good past few days, started working again, both creatively and in the restaurant. Being busy is good for this tortured soul... :)

STDragon 07-19-2018 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 6958650)
...Dragon, sorry but that squeezey cheese looked rather gross... I think I’d prefer real cheese...

Yea, it probably was. That might explain why we can't get it anymore....

STDragon 07-19-2018 03:39 AM

G'morning Dee and Weekenders!

PhoenixJ 07-19-2018 03:54 AM

Thanks Dee- your opening words really cut home...

biminiblue 07-19-2018 04:38 AM

In.

"Don't keep breaking your own heart."

I would add one of my favorites,

"Don't torture yourself with your own thoughts."

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ght-minion.png

biminiblue 07-19-2018 04:55 AM

Hey, andyh, will you post the piglet/Pooh Thursday thought here, please?

Pretty please? It got left behind on the old thread and I don't want to take credit. :(

Minion09 07-19-2018 05:03 AM

I’m in for the weekend!! It’s still Thursday in the US, but weekend mode is in place!! I have had a splitting headache since yesterday and the AV which has been relatively quiet is chattering that it can take care of it. Nope 44 days has been a journey of ups and downs but not out and this headache shall pass with distraction and a plan in place. I have good stuff coming up with a good ole US baseball game tomorrow night and a concert with Blue October on Sunday- a band who I love and relate to in sobriety, the lead singer has 7 years sober and is such an encouragement to me... The song FEAR - “Today I don’t have to fall apart, I don’t have to be afraid. I don’t have to to let the damage consume me, the shadows see through me. FEAR in itself will reel you in and spit you out over and over again, believe in yourself and you will walk! Fear in itself will will use you up and break you down like you were never enough, I used to fall but I get back up! Breath as I for more, if your bitter still ask Him to help you carry on! “A great reminder! Today I will ask Him to help me carry on! Much love 💕

Gilmer 07-19-2018 05:09 AM

What a terrific post, Minion!

I hope your headache gets better. Have a good time at the ballgame!

andyh 07-19-2018 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 6958791)
Hey, andyh, will you post the piglet/Pooh Thursday thought here, please?

Pretty please? It got left behind on the old thread and I don't want to take credit. :(

a little Thursday thought from my favourite Bear of Little Brain:
Now one autumn morning when the wind had blown all the leaves off the trees in the night, and was trying to blow the branches off, Pooh and Piglet were sitting in the Thoughtful Spot and wondering.

“What I think,” said Pooh, “is I think we’ll go to Pooh Corner and see Eeyore, because perhaps his house has been blown down, and perhaps he’d like us to build it again.”

“What I think,” said Piglet, “is I think we’ll go and see Christopher Robin, only he won’t be there, so we can’t.”

“Let’s go and see everybody,” said Pooh. “Because when you’ve been walking in the wind for miles, and you suddenly go into somebody’s house, and he says, ‘Hallo, Pooh, you’re just in time for a little smackerel of something,’ and you are, then it’s what I call a Friendly Day.”

Piglet thought that they ought to have a Reason for going to see everybody, like Looking for Small or Organizing an Expotition, if Pooh could think of something Pooh could.

“We’ll go because it’s Thursday,” he said, “and we’ll go to wish everybody a Very Happy Thursday. Come on, Piglet.”
http://www.classicpooh.net/34926bf0.jpg