Notices

Weekender Thread 19 - 23rdJuly 2018

Old 07-20-2018, 01:35 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Mr

Snazzy, how are you, is not like the middle of the night in Texas ?
Old 07-20-2018, 01:45 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
sober style

Hi Vman! I'm doing great, living long and prospering like my mentor Mr. Spock. For me it's more real real early Friday than late Thursday. Woke up at 2, meditated for 30 minutes with the idea of going back to sleep, then didn't feel sleepy after so I coffeed up and started turning the old gears upstairs!
Old 07-20-2018, 01:47 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Mr

"turning the old gears upstairs!"

Your like an old diesel....?
Old 07-20-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonnefond87 View Post
Hi Lascaux - any significance to your name? The Lascaux caves are not that far from where I live. Hope you are doing OK
Good luck lilymaz
Hello, Bonnefond! Unfortunately I've never been there, but I've been fascinated with cave paintings ever since I was little and read "The Sorcerer" by Joseph Bato. I'm an artist and I love the power and authenticity of the images.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

morning weekenders

a cooler, grey day here today. the apocalypse may be upon us - it is foretold that water will fall from the skies later!
Old 07-20-2018, 02:58 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders

Andy, FINALLY it’s back to normal... Heavy rain and wind I am so ready for you. No more being sticky sweaty and uncomfortable.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hello Lily! I’m sorry about what happened to you. I hope your appointment goes well and it’s nothing serious.

Lascaux, such a great nickname! I’ve never been there either, but it would make a fascinating trip. Have you seen Cave Of Forgotten Dreams by Werner Herzog? I think you’d enjoy it.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by lilymaz View Post
You can do this Lascaux, welcome! And hi to all weekenders, let’s have a good one. Got a docs appointment this morning, I was carrying my grandson upstairs yesterday and when I put him down something went pop in my back. Very painful to move and bend. Wish me luck!
Sounds like disc trouble Lily.
Physio and Ostheopathy.
I'm in the middle of it too for pinched disc.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:14 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Mr

Nothing beats a blast of Scottish wind and rain Snuf. Cooling down time. One of those go out to get wet moments
Old 07-20-2018, 03:52 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Doing a system migration tonight. Meaning I'll be at the office later than normal. Grateful I'm not worrying about getting home to start drinking.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Take me out to the ball game! Yepper that’s the plan for tonight!! Dear friend are taking me along. I’m excited but a little cautious cause obviously there will be lots of drinks around me but I’ll be there with my sober “brother” and my other dear friends who understand right where I’m at!! Funny thing is I would never think of spending the amount of money a “beverage” costs at the stadium so there’s that! New experiences is part of this journey, being able to enjoy a fun night out with friends and being alert and present. 45 days ago I would have chased the evening before going or would have just not gone and drank alone. So amazing to be in a different place today!! I’m going and I’m excited to! Have a great beginning of the weekend folks!! Love you guys!! 💕
Old 07-20-2018, 05:03 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry to read about your back Lilymaz, I hope it heals quickly.

Originally Posted by MyLittleHorsie View Post
Come to Canada, you can shell mine! I bought a couple bushels and so far haven't found anyone to pay to shell for me.
I didn't quite make it to Canada but next best thing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180720_125908.jpg (41.6 KB, 46 views)
Old 07-20-2018, 05:20 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
saoutchik

As others have mentioned the skies have clouded over. No rain yet.

London, Docklands.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180720_125716.jpg (61.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-20-2018, 05:30 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I love to come here and see a lot of posts to read. You guys are my tribe. I am committed to you. Your struggles and triumphs are important to me.

Friday. Not that days made any difference whatsoever to me and my drinking. In my first drinking career I chose jobs that were swing shift - made getting up in the morning a non-necessity. For years I worked, drank, slept till two hours before work again and then just did it all over. Day after day, every day for six or seven years. That was in my twenties. I quit drinking in my early thirties - for many years. Then life smacked me around one too many times and I found a drink in my hand in my early fifties. That dance with alcohol didn't go any better than the first time, albeit I was able to moderate - mostly - for a few years. Then, not so much.

This time, that's it. I don't have a young resilient body. I cannot do it again.

Anyway, life is soooo much better on the sober side. Join us! Jump in the thread. Get stuff off your chest, it helps tremendously.

I'm committing to making it through this weekend without a drink.

May you all have following seas this weekend.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good Morning weekenders!

Thanks bimini for such an uplifting song!!!!! It has really helped to jumpstart my day and my weekend! I love that song! The words are so apropos. "Think about how many times I have fallen"....yes, indeed. Wow. Thank you!!!

Today is my Day 30. It's been a long time since I was able to do that.

Everyone have a good weekend and I'll check in again later.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

"Think about how many times I have fallen"....
...spirits are using me, larger voices callin'...
Old 07-20-2018, 06:11 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Bimini, that's one of the best songs ever.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:15 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I hope your back feels better soon, Lilymaz.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TeeJayVerm View Post
I am in... with rain expected in the Chicago area for most of Friday.

I saw Dee74's original post and I can easily relate the GIF to me and my relationship with alcohol.

There is a newer Indie/Folk rock song out there that is about a worn out relationship and I relate that to my alcohol consumption. (One of the lyrics: "All we ever do is all we ever knew"; Artist: The Head and The Heart)

(My musical tastes are broad and "less than mainstream" so I will make sure I limit the number of lyrical references in this forum. Haha!)

Hello fellow Illinoisan. Up north near Wisconsin border. Yes. Rainy all weekend.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:22 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Thanks for the poem Andy 😬. Last 2 days in group have been about King Baby if anyone is familiar. We had to sit on a chair in the middle of the room while everyone judges your persona and you are not allowed to comment back, just sit there and do and say nothing. Obviously suffering from anxiety this didn’t really work to well for me. So...on another downer day today, have learnt a lot though about recognising anxiety before it spirals which I couldn’t do a week ago. Still can’t stop it spiriling lol but at least I can tell it’s coming for me!! One step at a time I guess.

Hope everyone is good, take care and be kind to yourselves xx