Notices

Weekender Thread 19 - 23rdJuly 2018

Old 07-21-2018, 07:08 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

After stressing out last night and racking my brain about what to do to keep my mind occupied today... I actually had a very busy day.

Primarily, I drove 20 miles to an awesome downtown/riverwalk area in the Chicago suburbs where my wife and I were living when we were married and had our first child... so a lot of great/positive memories there.

Now will be watching a movie I rented and continue to binge watch "New Girl" later.

So, ummm, false alarm I guess.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:10 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

On another positive note, very little of the AV talking today. I walked by a couple of bars with outdoor patios and thought "It would be nice..." but that was just for a few brief moments.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:27 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I had a bit of a 'poor me' moment today. After moving a bunch of stuff out of the condo my wife announces she is going to get some wine for herself and beer for my dad who's visiting later. We took to vehicles, so I had time to 'think about it' on the way home. She later shows up with a huge bottle. I don't have issue with my wife drinking, mostly because she drinks very little. So to counter my feelings, I took daughter out for an Ice-cap and a coffee.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:49 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

I freaked out this morning. I've not been well for the past few days, I've posted about it elsewhere on the forum. I was supposed to start rehab, but I've missed a few days and actually considering temporarily (that is the most important word) leaving until I feel better and then starting again when I get myself pulled round.

The way I see it, if I want to get the most out of the course, I don't want to be missing days. This is not an excuse to go back on the drink, absolutely not, that stuff is out of my life from now on.

Anyway, I freaked out. Why? I woke up this morning feeling like I was hungover. My immediate thought was "oh no". I lay there in bed and relived last night. I did not relapse. I can pin point up to the minute what I was doing and alcohol did not become involved at all.

I guess it is just whatever is wrong with me, but I seriously felt like I'd had a heavy night in the pub.

Anyway, have a great Sunday folks. Day 21 here. Three weeks!
Old 07-22-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dehydration can cause similar effects to a hangover - if you're running even a low fever it's easy to lose fluids, especially if you drink coffee or other duiretics.

As for rehab, I have no experience to share but I think talking about it with the rehab staff is a good thing to do before you make any decisions Tynesider

Congrats on 21 days and hope you feel better soon

D
Old 07-22-2018, 01:05 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning gang. I have just dropped daughter 2 and her friend off at Heathrow. Not my favourite choice of destination for a Sunday morning but at least it is not as packed as I have seen it at other times. I am sitting drinking an overpriced coffee now.

Originally Posted by Tynesider22 View Post
Anyway, I freaked out. Why? I woke up this morning feeling like I was hungover. My immediate thought was "oh no". I lay there in bed and relived last night. I did not relapse. I can pin point up to the minute what I was doing and alcohol did not become involved at all.

I guess it is just whatever is wrong with me, but I seriously felt like I'd had a heavy night in the pub.

Anyway, have a great Sunday folks. Day 21 here. Three weeks!
Waking up feeling hungover when you are not is not as uncommon as you might think Tynesider, it happened to me a few times and other folks have posted similar. It is disturbing for a couple of hours or so. Those events to get rarer over time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180722_085308.jpg (57.6 KB, 70 views)
Old 07-22-2018, 01:06 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Busy days doing arty things, domestic chores and adulting around things called 'humans'.
Support to all.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:07 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning good morning weekenders...
Slept well and have the house to myself today.
Some veg garden and lawn work, ice cream and Netflix on the agenda.
Could be worse

Courage to those struggling.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:08 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning good morning weekenders...
Slept well and have the house to myself today.
Some veg garden and lawn work, ice cream and Netflix on the agenda.
Could be worse

Courage to those struggling.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:34 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

I’ve woken up quite a few times feeling hungover too. It’s been when I’ve had too much sugar the day before I think , but after reading Dee’s post, maybe it was partly dehydration too. I know sugar makes me thirsty so it probably dehyrates me if I don’t drink enough water... A combination probably. They have been similar to an alcohol hangover, yuk! But thankfully without the feelings of anxiety, guilt, despair and dread to go with them, shudder I soooo don’t miss those awful feelings. I’m so grateful to be sober ❤️
Old 07-22-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

morning Weekenders. hope everyone made it safely through Saturday night. hang in there anyone who's struggling.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:52 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Morning all, hope everyone is having a peaceful weekend. The doc gave me naproxen on Friday for my back which made me really ill yesterday. Not taking that again. Non alcohol induced sickness is still a very alien thing to me, know what I mean? Cleaning this morning then off out for a pre birthday lunch. My age birthday on Tuesday followed by my year sober anniversary on Wednesday. Doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun. Have a great day folks.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:34 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Mr

Hi lily. Naproxen is a pretty strong anti inflammatory molecule. Basically disguises pain. I don't recommend better off doing physio and osteo to get to the root cause . You usually need a stomach protector with it like omeprazole. Otherwise its off to the toilet bowl every 15 minutes... . This is not medical advice. It just happens that I'm suffering back pain at the moment.

PS: I was in a bad coverage zone earlier and ended up hitting post reply twice. Oops.

Time to put on the overalls
Old 07-22-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Are we talking naproxin sodium? The stuffs harmless. You might have other issues.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

trach.....with all due respect love, that drug makes some people sick. All of them.....tylenol, Ibuprofen and this one are not good for lots of people in different ways.

And good morning.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:53 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

good morning

I try to not use painkillers as I've been needing them for forty years but it's a good one. It lasts all night.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good moning all, After getting use to waking up feeling great in the mornings, we also become more sensitive to feeling off. It's easier to 'hear' our bodies.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Congrats on 3 weeks tynesider!! Every once in awhile I go into panic mode thinking I have a wine stash somewhere and I do the same thing regarding talking to myself that I haven’t bought any wine, that all my hidey holes have been thouoghly cleansed and free of bottles. I use that as a reminder of how I used to live and why I won’t go back..

Badge
Old 07-22-2018, 12:08 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm sorry, am I seeing this right?

The USA is competing in world level Rugby?
Old 07-22-2018, 12:33 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Good afternoon, folks and happy Sunday! Got through my first weekend and am celebrating Day 8!
Tomorrow is the next challenge - being out in the world again and having to drive by liquor stores on the way home. I've decided that if I'm tempted to stop for booze, I'll stop at Arby's and get a jamocha shake instead. I can't think of the last time I had a milkshake, so it will be a special treat I'll save for a day when I really need it. Maybe I'll shoot the straw paper in AV's eye