SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   3 1/2 months Sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/430198-3-1-2-months-sober.html)

Laqbrador66 07-18-2018 04:04 PM

3 1/2 months Sober

Longest I'v been sober in 22 years. I just feel down today though. I need a pick me up.

least 07-18-2018 04:16 PM

:grouphug: Congrats on three and a half months sober! :scoregood Keep going, it gets better. :)

Ghostlight1 07-18-2018 04:21 PM

Great going on your sober time. I've been sober over nine years and could use a little pick me up myself.
Maybe I'll go to bed early. I like bed sober. I like non-drunk sleep.
Best to you and do something you enjoy, you deserve it.

Dee74 07-18-2018 04:22 PM

Hi Laqbrador66 :)

I used to think feeling down was a sign something was wrong, but I think now it's just life.

Unless there's a clinical depression or something most of us feel down one day and back to normal the next :)

Do something nice for yourself today - get out in the sun tomorrow maybe ? :)

congrats on 3 and a half months :)

D

Primativo 07-18-2018 04:26 PM

I'm nearly 3 months sober and I also get down moments or days. It's just life. It is dynamic. Something may have happened that pissed you off, someone let you down, the plumber didn't turn up when he said he would, loads of reasons to make us upset. The difference is, we now know that drinking at being upset is not the solution.

We also know the down feelings will pass if we take care of ourselves. If we drink though, we are playing with a loaded gun and the depression and low mood will become more frequent and worse.

Laqbrador66 07-18-2018 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 (Post 6958402)
Great going on your sober time. I've been sober over nine years and could use a little pick me up myself.
Maybe I'll go to bed early. I like bed sober. I like non-drunk sleep.
Best to you and do something you enjoy, you deserve it.

After my last bender I was awake 5 days. I finally went to the doctor and got a sedative. I had forgotton what real sleep was like.

Jtmlk 07-18-2018 05:43 PM

3 1/2 Months is awesome- be very proud of yourself

MidnightRider 07-19-2018 05:09 AM

Congrats on 3.5 Months!

Down days suck.. but they pass.

I hope you are feeling better.

Gerard52 07-19-2018 05:23 AM

Well done keep it up, you don't want to be where I am just now.

August252015 07-19-2018 06:11 AM

Glad you shared. Like Dee said... ups and downs are part of life that I had to get used to as part of the life deal!

I use naps, exercise, buying a book or small present on Amazon, an episode of our current Netflix fave...and I work a diligent AA program- going to a meeting can be a pick me up or just a distraction but it is never something I regret.

Take care of yourself and keep going!

Ghostlight1 07-19-2018 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Laqbrador66 (Post 6958414)
After my last bender I was awake 5 days. I finally went to the doctor and got a sedative. I had forgotton what real sleep was like.

Yeah, I hear you. I hated going to sleep when I was drinking for fear of waking up and knowing what awaited me.
And I didn't sleep, I passed out.
I'm cringeing now just thinking about those days...

lessgravity 07-19-2018 06:31 AM

3.5 is awesome, congrats. I'm on the same path. Life is still life.