Notices

Hey, what do you think?

Old 07-17-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey, what do you think?

Hey you lovely people, how's it going?

I'm new here and have a very personal problem. I'm trying to get clean from booze and weed.

The drink is an interesting one because I'm a bartender, which OK when I'm sober, I really enjoy. I work at a bar that doesn't allow drinking on shift, which I stick to. Drinking is just for after work but I would still consider it have a problem.

I've been smoking weed for 14 years now and have always had a problem with it. I've sobered up for various periods but never stuck it out. I'm 25 now and have nothing to show for my life other than a string of debts. So I really what to go for it this time but my partner is the biggest stoner I've ever. . . and we live together. We moved from my hometown 6 months ago to a place where the only people I know are his family and friends. So I'm stuck in this environment, I don't have anywhere smoke free that I can chill and just be.

It's hard but I've been reducing the amount of time I smoke a day and the amount of alcohol I consume and lowering the percentage of alcohol, so it's going in the right direction.

Is there much hope for me in my current environment?
Old 07-17-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Fens

I've known sober bartenders and I've known sober people who live with a drinking or drugging spouse, so no - neither of those things are dealbreakers.

for me tho as a musician and with a lot of stoner friends, I had to make a lot of changes in my life to get and stay sober.

If you;re not sure what you need to do luckily this is why places like SR exist - help here 24/7

You are not alone

D
Old 07-17-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome fens