Notices

My story

Old 07-15-2018, 04:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My story

So I have or was drinking very heavily for 6 years well after my divorce that I was blindsided by I totally went down a bad road of binge drinking.
Well that soon became a daily drinking jack daniels fifths at least a couple a week and beers.
I tried to reach out and obtain help but insurance and rules get in the way of course it’s all about $$$$ of course everything is.
For a person seeking help and not wanting nor needing inpatient it is very difficult and honestly almost a set up to frustrate and get one drinking again when your trying to get sober like myself.
I looked into a rehab after work program and was very disappointed and frustrated as he would not offer and help other then me checking into a inpatient clinic.
That does not and will not work for someone like me sorry.
One of my really good friends is a counselor and even said jason you do not need that keep searching.
AA is not for me either and I did attend several meetings but sorry no connection at all too much religion and strange holding hands with people no thank you.
I however found a great group with Buddhist principles called Refuge Recovery they are small but I think getting bigger.
I choose to drink and now I choose to not I hope my words can hopefully help another person that might be in a similar situation like myself.
Alcohol is poison and I am only 6 days sober but I feel better then I have in many years with that crap not going into me anymore.
Thank you all for hopefully not taking this the wrong way any AAers or rehabers not intended to bash just my take on all of this.
Inpatient I am sure is great and helpful but to me no I have pets a house a job and no support so how would I go into a facility for 5 days not going to happen.
So hopefully this helps someone and like I said not meaning to put down any of the others it just wasn’t for me.
Take care and stay clean it’s a choice at least for me it is if I can do it anyone can.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Jac

You'll find a lot of different methods here - my advice is not to write any of them off....nothing to fear from an exchange of ideas

Finding SR was a godsend for me - it was such a relief to find support understanding....and a little hope as well.

SR helped me tun my life around - I know we can help you do the same

D
Old 07-15-2018, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah,man..Lots of folks get/stay sober without AA or rehab. Rehab wasn't an option for me and the courts ushered me to AA,but I mainly just use this site now. I'm only about 19mo,but that's the longest I can remember since I started drinking. Just get a plan and some sobriety tools that work for you. Welcome!
Old 07-15-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Jac! 6 days sober is great.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats. This site is awesome. Lots of inspirations.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to meet you, Jac! I'm so glad you found us & want to make this change.
I felt much better when I could talk things over here. No one else in my life really understood what I was going through. Welcome.