Notices

Im posting this thread to keep me accountable

Old 07-13-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you Radix. I wholeheartedly agree with you about accountability. Sparkling water is great. Bought 6 bottles. Should keep me occupied for a while.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Have you looked into "urge surfing"? Dee has a post that comes up now and then - just search the boards for the term.

Extremely helpful, practical way to get through the early, difficult cravings.

Stay strong.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

glad you didn't get any booze Trelkovsky

D
Old 07-13-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Time to call it a day! See you in the morning!
I check into the 24 hour thread for accountabiliy, the Early Riser's thread because I am up with the rooster and then hop on the Sober Bus to greet my traveling buddies!
Glad you had a good sober day.
Thank you for making my life sweeter!xxoo
Old 07-14-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Trelkovsky! I've started a thread like this too. It's only been a week now but I'm having the same experience, it's just really good to get things out as I go. I tend to lack outlets for things I find difficult and sometimes just writing thoughts out feel like I have more control over my decisions.

Congratulations on your decision to get sober and I wish you the very best. I'll pop over and see how you are getting on. Gabe xx
Old 07-14-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

What's up, T? Giving you a shout out!
Old 07-14-2018, 11:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Trelkovsky, How is it going today? Weekends were the toughest for me...I hope you are staying busy and eating good. That is what got me through...try to stay busy and full. Don't drink...it will just put you back even further. And YES, each recovery becomes more difficult as time goes by! It is a phenomenon known as "kindling" . I've tested it and it is true. Best Wishes
Old 07-14-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're on my mind, Trelkovsky. Hope it's going ok today.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi friends. Im really blessed for having people reaching out to me. Im still going strong. Its day 6 today Had a really rough day yesterday with some bad cravings but managed to ride it through somehow.. I had a bad morning until I checked in here. I should have done that yesterday. The day would probably have turned out better. It used to be easy to drink because I didn't really care about myself, but you guys are helping me to believe I actually have a chance to do this.Right now that gives me an extra boost to try to make it for as long as possible.. One day at a time.
I have a lot of things to figure out. I need to understand who I am and get to know myself again That will be a long process. I don't won't to focus to much on that bit right now though. Staying sober day by day is all I can possibly handle.

I made a major mistake yesterday. That mistake could have ruined my sobriety..
I talked to this sweet girl yesterday on a dating app. Stupid idea. Dating is definitely of the table for now and still I engaged in talking. That talk almost made me drink . . I just wanted to drink and dream about how things could turn out. It so dumb doing that to myself because a relationship at this point or just dating a bit will not work out well for me.

I should probably limit my use of social media apps until I am mentally stronger.
I had a visit from a friend last night. It was nice, but the urge to drink was extremely bad. My socks were soaked in sweat while we. were talking. Lucky for me he stayed until it was too late to buy anything at the store. He do not know about my problem. That is, the severity of my problem. I think a lot of people know something is not right. I need to face that I'm weak right now and focus only on making it through to the next day. Thank you guys for being in my corner. Wish you all a great day!

Gabe 1980 good for you man I will definitely check out your thread! We are in this together. Hope you are doing well with your sobriety!
Old 07-15-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Trelkovsky, I think you are doing great! The first weekend was definitely the hardest part for me, but once I got through it, it was easier to just keep on going. I'm glad you're focusing on today and leaving things aside that can keep until you are stronger.

It helps for me to just stay in the "now" at all times. 34 days in I still have thoughts of future drinking, but those are waning. I'm not changing at the pace I'd prefer, but changes in small increments are ok and can be appreciated just as well as the dramatic ones. I think there's a miracle in my future but I won't recognize it until it's in the past. For all I know, it's Today.

I believe there's a miracle in store for you as well. Happy Day 7! A week down!

O
Old 07-15-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Obladi. Thank you for your valuable insight. 34 Days is great! I'm happy for you! Good to hear it gradually gets easier.. I do feel stronger every time I manage to control my urge to drink. My sobriety is the most important thing now. I will not drink today!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Sometimes you just get a 'light bulb moment' and you realize that you have been wasting alot of precious time being controlled by alcohol and freedom from it's clutches is the best feeling of all!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Great to read you checking in and a massive congratulations on day six. We have the same sober date....we can both do this together and with the support of everyone here.
I think figuring out things that make staying sober really hard for the first wee while and avoiding them until you are stronger is really wise. I'm trying to give myself a summer free of any major stressors like holidays or nights out. Bit worried about a wedding in October but too soon to think about that
Take good care of yourself T and see you tomorrow. Gabe xx
Old 07-15-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Gabe,
There is a thread posted by IWillTryAgain that asks the question:
"How Do I Stay Sober In A Wedding?"

You might want to check it out.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Gabe,
There is a thread posted by IWillTryAgain that asks the question:
"How Do I Stay Sober In A Wedding?"

You might want to check it out.
Thanks Chloe 😊
Old 07-15-2018, 11:16 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I brought it to the top of the list for you!
Old 07-15-2018, 11:33 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
I brought it to the top of the list for you!
You are a star! It was really helpful to read 💗
Old 07-15-2018, 12:57 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Trelkovsky - We are learning to live in a whole new way, it's understandable to be a bit shaky at times in the early days. You'll grow stronger & more resilient. 6 days is something to be so proud of - nice work.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Trelkovsky, 3 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations. Yea, reach out first, good idea. PM me all you want, rootin for ya.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:13 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thank you Hevyn and Neferkamichael. Im looking forward to getting to know the real me again.. Its nighttime here on day six. See you guys tomorrow. Take care everyone!
Old 07-16-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey Trel, how are you getting on today? I've made my way through the first week. I still feel tired and sore. Found a few unnoticed bruises from last weekend or where I must have been smashing into things. I never want to do day 1/week 1 again......it's too hard. I hope you are ok and I'm really looking forward to hearing about the real you Gabe xx