Notices

Relapsed

Old 07-11-2018, 06:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just another note on how to really work an AA program- it's not going to meetings that will keep you sober, rather those who find real recovery (IME, IMO and from what so many others can attest to) definitely do not only get a BB but learn it and study it and work the steps with a sponsor.

Some people in AA definitely skip or minimize this key part- which seems a really hard way to go - much harder than it must be, and how exhausting to still go it alone when you don't need to.

Take care and hope you make a plan of action and work a program.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mistakes,

I'm sorry you are suffering today. I also relapsed many times before I got it....Alcohol is the cause of suffering!

I agree with others about getting support, but also wanted to remind you that it will be OK. You will get past this.

Try to focus on self care today. A warm bath, soft music, a nap, good food. Tell yourself that you are loved.

WF
Old 07-11-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mistakes2 View Post
That hits right home.
I never purchased the big book but I think I will have to and get to reading.
i got the big book my first week sober. in a fog, quite a bit of it wasnt making sense and i had to reread a lot of it.
eventually things in there started making sense. then i was blown away- a book published 28 years before i was born described me pretty darn good.
had some great solutions for me,too. solutions not only to recover from the hopeless state of mind and body, but also to have a very nice life.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Go back to AA.

Most people who go back to AA aren't exactly on a winning streak. The people there can relate and will understand.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I went completely crazy last week on the 4th of July, then again the next day just to try and forget the embarrassment of the day before. And I was only at about 3.5 weeks then. And trust me, I’m still cringing about it a week later! Already dreading events in the upcoming weeks that will involve seeing my family, as I’m not sure if one of the most important ones to me knows what an idiot i made of myself that night...I don’t know if his girlfriend told him, or if she’s keeping it between us and pretending she saw nothing (hoping it’s that one!). I just wanted to say I understand and you’re not alone!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mistakes2 View Post
Hate this lesson! But I guess I do deserve it after falling off the wagon
personally i dont think its a matter of it was deserved. more that it was necessary?
what i had to go through was the exact amount necessary of what i had to go through to get to the point of wanting to stop drinking and change