Notices

Another day zero

Old 07-10-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another day zero

How do you guys/ladies prep for a detox. Deff not going to rehab. **** painful tho. Just got my insurance (from my new job) so now I can use it. But yea, new job. Need to keep it but yea body hurts. Super bad. Always embarrassing but yea I know you all know the deal. Not looking for an ass kicking. It’s a hard job to be an alcoholic and keep a job. Just looking to quit for good.

Last edited by Dee74; 07-11-2018 at 05:03 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're looking to stop drinking for good.

Detoxing from alcohol is unpredictable and can be dangerous. It you have concerns, do talk to your dr. Other than that, generally drink lots of water, eat regular meals and try to exercise a bit. You can get through this.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm glad you're looking to stop drinking for good.

Detoxing from alcohol is unpredictable and can be dangerous. It you have concerns, do talk to your dr. Other than that, generally drink lots of water, eat regular meals and try to exercise a bit. You can get through this.
Apprish it. Yea I’ve had worse benders. Just was an idiot and started again. I know the dangers. I just kindle now but we’re pros at tapering lol. It just sucks. Just needed to vent and needed some encouragement. So thanks! I just can’t believe how Tuesday rolls into a week. Holidays must be a trigger.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It amazed me how less difficult my work life became after sobering up. Yah, there are still stressors etc. But holy cow is it easier to be productive. Also no longer have the constant struggle just to stay awake. It's worth it. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2018, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you've decided to get sober. Lots of support here for that.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Glad you've decided to get sober. Lots of support here for that.
I know. I’ve just decided so much. Many times. I don’t get why I keep walking away.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rar

Hang in there Roll. Glad you've decided to get sober for good. I hope SR can help you. Stay close. Are you tapering?

Congratulations on your new job! .
Old 07-11-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi RollMeAway - welcome back

Sometimes it helps to write out a list - write down what you're prepared to do now to change for good, and what not you're not pcurrently repared to do.

Go with the easy stuff first, cross off anything that doesn't work - and save that 'not prepared' list in case you need to reconsider it later.

D
Old 07-11-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Hang in there Roll. Glad you've decided to get sober for good. I hope SR can help you. Stay close. Are you tapering?

Congratulations on your new job! .
Thanks. And yea I am tapering. I just keep overshooting it. I’ve detoxed many times but this one is the hardest mentally. Physically isn’t too fun either. Been worse though. I just feel like if you poked me I’d be so pudgy I’d sweat out booze. Idk, every time I wake up I smell like wheat. The only thing that helps is to down another.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi RollMeAway (love that song). I'm happy you're looking to reclaim your life & get free of that horrible trap. I was in it for 30 yrs. It stole so much of my life & killed my spirit. You can get past this phase and begin to heal. I hope you'll stay with us & keep posting.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hi RollMeAway (love that song). I'm happy you're looking to reclaim your life & get free of that horrible trap. I was in it for 30 yrs. It stole so much of my life & killed my spirit. You can get past this phase and begin to heal. I hope you'll stay with us & keep posting.
Thanks! First person to get the reference 😜 Bob Seger ! 27 but Michigan made.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rar

Hang in there Roll. For me, tapering would be very tough. I recall the times I congratulated myself when I went to bed having had only 5-6 drinks. The next day I made up for it and it seemed I had to get my BAC back up to normal. You can do this. I know you just got your insurance, but have you considered seeing a Dr, perhaps getting some meds to help you through a detox? I'm rooting for you.