Notices

Depressed and suicidal

Old 07-07-2018, 10:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

tek, Thank you for sharing your secret. I'm very sorry for what happened to your sister and for you to have to carry that burden. That is a very heavy burden to carry and not tell anyone. You are not alone. There are many, many people on this site who have carried that same burden. You can read about them on this forum.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I’m sorry to hear about your mom, Theexcitingkid. I just went through that myself and it’s super hard, but more manageable when drinking is not involved. I hope you’ll take the advice given and get rid of the gun and get some sleep, or keep talking to us. I know online support may not be the same as real life support, but it has helped me through some tough times and I hope it will help you too. Please keep us updated on how you’re doing.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hi there,
so glad you posted....what a positive decision!
drinking may feel like it solves or takes care of problems, but it doesn't, in fact it adds more, usually.
you are right, it is not the same as being there in "real life", but we are all very much real also, and really here speaking with you and listening also.
in "real life" there are options for help with depression, alcoholism or addiction to alcohol, and i don't know where that phone number you were given connects to, but it is one call you can make right now.
crisis line is available 24/7 most everywhere and can connect you with other real-life resources.
your courage in speaking and sharing is helping other folks right now.

stick around.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. You’re good people. I will do my best to push through. I will let you know tomorrow
Old 07-07-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

see you then

D
Old 07-07-2018, 10:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Trusting that you are in a safe state and will not hurt yourself.
I want to reiterate: Others have had your same problems. It is hard but you can work through them with the right help. And there is help out there. It's best to tackle problems when you are in a sober state.
Sending you positive energy, strength, support and hug.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey, Theexcitingkid. I am very glad that you came here. There is no judgement, just many people who have also been in some very sad, painful, confusing, difficult places and want to listen and to help. I'm so sorry about your mom's illness and what happened to your sister. Life can throw some horrible things at us, but it gets better, and your mom and your sister need your help.
Please get some sleep, don't drink anymore tonight and come back tomorrow. We care. Sending you love and hugs.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi there

We don't judge here. I've told folks here all sorts of things about myself and no-one has ever judged me. Folks here are super supportive and kind. This place has been a godsend for me when I needed help.

Please get some sleep, kid.

And keep posting. Please keep posting.

We'll see you tomorrow when you're rested.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Good morning, kid

Many people apparently are on your side as far as pushing through goes. I'm glad you came here to post and share some of your burden with us.

I was molested by my brother starting when I was probably 10 years old. As a survivor of that, I will assure you that I've never held anyone else in my family as to blame in that situation. First, it never even occurred to me until you wrote about your sister. Now that you give me cause to think of it, the only person I hold accountable is the abuser. I would be deeply saddened if I thought that any of my other siblings carried this burden as well.

Things we are sad about definitely come roaring out when we get beyond drunk, eh? Pay attention to those things - I feel like those are the things we need to address whole and sober. But getting whole and sober is the first step.

Please do check in after you've gotten some rest.

O
Old 07-08-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope to hear from you soon theexcitingkid

D
Old 07-09-2018, 10:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

How is it going tek?