Notices

When did you decide on your quit date?

Old 07-12-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks Free39! Still sober here. Hope you are doing good!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

My sober date chose me as well. I have a lot of vacation time and towards the end of my drinking days, my vacations were benders. I wasn't blacking out, but I was drinking all day starting in the late morning, hiding it from my wife. I'd have about 5 in me by happy hour when I could drink 'in the open' with her. I started to wake up with anxiety in the middle of the night and would have a beer and a xanax to get back to sleep. My first day back to work was typically pretty rough, but I'd muscle through. However, in the week before I quit I was having active withdrawal at work (near panic attacks, etc). My job comes with a lot of responsibility, and it was utterly terrifying. The horror of being at work feeling like that made me quit. That was Aug 30, 2017. It hasn't always been easy, but omg is life so much better.

Best of luck to you.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:34 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

9th of July 2018. I have finally scared myself into accepting that alcohol is very dangerous for me to put in my body. I don't have hangovers anymore....I have days of confusion and intense panic. My whole reality changes and it's so frightening that between this and the blackouts I'm not conviced that I could die anytime I drink.

It's been coming for a year now.....this last time I new I couldn't take it anymore xx
Old 07-12-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

If you're looking for a special date, the planet Mars is the closest that it has been to Earth in the last 15 years, making it the biggest and brightest. I'm not sure which day it will actually be closest, but sometime in the very near future.

The ancients put a lot of significance into things like that. It could give some extra other worldly significance to your quit date.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Tired of being tired

I woke up on a Friday morning and just said enough is enough. No DUI or arrest. I am a married father with two young kids. I stopped drinking for me. Anyone else that benefits from my decision is a bonus. I have learned that you cannot stop for someone else, no matter how much you love him or her. The insanity of drinking almost daily to blackout for the past five years was overwhelming. Every day I faced the same routine. Drink excessively. Pass out. Wake up feeling like I got hit by a truck. Go to work and pretend like there was no problem while I planned my day around drinking. Then I would go out or go home buzzed trying to be a husband and father. It all became too much. Day 42 for me. It's the longest sober time in my 30 years of drinking. Keep up the good work everyone.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:25 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mcconnth2017 View Post
I woke up on a Friday morning and just said enough is enough. No DUI or arrest. I am a married father with two young kids. I stopped drinking for me. Anyone else that benefits from my decision is a bonus. I have learned that you cannot stop for someone else, no matter how much you love him or her. The insanity of drinking almost daily to blackout for the past five years was overwhelming. Every day I faced the same routine. Drink excessively. Pass out. Wake up feeling like I got hit by a truck. Go to work and pretend like there was no problem while I planned my day around drinking. Then I would go out or go home buzzed trying to be a husband and father. It all became too much. Day 42 for me. It's the longest sober time in my 30 years of drinking. Keep up the good work everyone.
I can relate. No DUI's or arrests. So far I've been lucky. Lately it's been drinking till black outs, it helps me fall asleep right?? Not!! Congrats on your day 42, its more than I can say. Keep going, don't give up!!
Old 07-12-2018, 08:27 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badlands View Post
My sober date chose me as well. I have a lot of vacation time and towards the end of my drinking days, my vacations were benders. I wasn't blacking out, but I was drinking all day starting in the late morning, hiding it from my wife. I'd have about 5 in me by happy hour when I could drink 'in the open' with her. I started to wake up with anxiety in the middle of the night and would have a beer and a xanax to get back to sleep. My first day back to work was typically pretty rough, but I'd muscle through. However, in the week before I quit I was having active withdrawal at work (near panic attacks, etc). My job comes with a lot of responsibility, and it was utterly terrifying. The horror of being at work feeling like that made me quit. That was Aug 30, 2017. It hasn't always been easy, but omg is life so much better.

Best of luck to you.
Thank you 🤗