NA drinks - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2018, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

NA drinks

I have been drinking water, coffee, sparkling water, and iced tea and am feeling bored with this limited drink inventory. Iím trying to stay away from excess sugar.

Does anyone have any good NA drink ideas? Not necessarily a mock tail but just something to mix it up a bit.
Atlast9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

just how much do you NEED to drink? they're just liquids. they aren't supposed to light up our life.
AnvilheadII is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnvilheadII For This Useful Post:
doggonecarl (07-06-2018), tomsteve (07-07-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rar

I've taken a liking to diet ginger beer. I look forward to it. It lights up my life.
least (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 06:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
bona fido dog-lover

I really like good old orange juice.

The only two sodas I like are ginger ale and root beer.

Dogs may not be our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

Don't wait for the Last Judgement. It takes place every day. -Albert Camus

Find the good and praise it. - Alex Haley

least is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have an oral fixation so I like drinking all the things. I drink water all day long and have finally joined the la croix club. Favorite flavors are mango and passion fruit. I like Hubert's lemonade brand, the blackberry and raspberry are my favorites. I also like the new coke flavors of raspberry and peach and some times get a 4 pack of them as a treat (obviously i only drink one at a time). I also treat myself to kombucha sometimes but some find it triggering due to the trace amounts of alcohol. Hope you find something you like!
goodbyeevan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to goodbyeevan For This Useful Post:
Rar (07-07-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
just how much do you NEED to drink? they're just liquids. they aren't supposed to light up our life.
I drink a lot of liquid naturally - at least 80 ounces of water per day, 2-3 cups of coffee, iced tea and a la croix. Even when I was drinking, I drank this much NA liquid. Just trying to mix it up a bit.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
I have an oral fixation so I like drinking all the things. I drink water all day long and have finally joined the la croix club. Favorite flavors are mango and passion fruit. I like Hubert's lemonade brand, the blackberry and raspberry are my favorites. I also like the new coke flavors of raspberry and peach and some times get a 4 pack of them as a treat (obviously i only drink one at a time). I also treat myself to kombucha sometimes but some find it triggering due to the trace amounts of alcohol. Hope you find something you like!
I like La Croix as well and am currently favoring lemon and lime. Iíve never been able to bring myself to drink kombucha, the scobies gross me out. I may have to try the new coke flavors - those sound yummy.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by least View Post
I really like good old orange juice.

The only two sodas I like are ginger ale and root beer.
Ginger ale mixed with orange juice sounds like a yummy treat too....
Old 07-06-2018, 06:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rar View Post
I've taken a liking to diet ginger beer. I look forward to it. It lights up my life.
Iíve never had that - Iíll need to try it and see if it lights up my life too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlast9999 For This Useful Post:
Rar (07-07-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have a soda stream and rather than use all the high sugar syrups I use Dasani or another water enhancer you only need a couple of squirts and there's loads of flavors. I drink a lot of water and find the fizzy variety to be more thirst quenching. Another favorite is frozen watermelon and water whizzed up into a slushie.
Helianthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

I buy club soda and then mix in different fruits and sweeten with stevia or I make iced tea using fun flavors like blueberry from Celestial Seasonings.
ElizaD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ElizaD For This Useful Post:
Rar (07-07-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 09:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaD View Post
I buy club soda and then mix in different fruits and sweeten with stevia or I make iced tea using fun flavors like blueberry from Celestial Seasonings.
I like the iced tea idea. Thatís pretty easy to find a lot of variety in tea. Thanks!
Old 07-06-2018, 09:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helianthus View Post
I have a soda stream and rather than use all the high sugar syrups I use Dasani or another water enhancer you only need a couple of squirts and there's loads of flavors. I drink a lot of water and find the fizzy variety to be more thirst quenching. Another favorite is frozen watermelon and water whizzed up into a slushie.
I like fizzy water better too. I may have to look into a soda stream - sounds like one could get quite creative with that! Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlast9999 For This Useful Post:
Helianthus (07-06-2018), Rar (07-07-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 09:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Sparkling on ice
Diet ginger beer
Lime, ice,chilli, sparkling
Moretti
Porcetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
No Dogma Please

Ginger beer, club soda, fresh grapefruit and a twist of grapefruit rind.
MindfulMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MindfulMan For This Useful Post:
Rar (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 12:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

Yeah....looking at drinks Love this.

Red radddish and cucumber, 7 or 8 radishes and a medium cucumber. Dice them up in chunks, throw them in jug, fill with water 1 to 2 pints, cover (a dish will do the trick), add a pinch of salt or pepper if you want. Leave in fridge for 12 hours or so. Less than five mins to make, no sugar and healthy as hell.

Mint and lemon. Fresh mint washed, fresh lemon or lime juice. Spoon of sugar if you want. Same as above just throw them all into a jug, fill with water. Leave for a few hours in fridge.

In winter , try fresh mint, lemon or lime and organic honey as a hot tea......gorgeous.

I really try to avoid any sugar drinks. Bit off topic, if you do the math it takes 3500 cals to burn 1 pound of fat.... 7700cals 1 kg fat. 16.8 fl ounces beer or 500ml beer has about 200 cals, cutting out 9 to 12 these a day, well it pays dividends in more ways than one. Throw in a bit of a run every day 3 miles or a about 5km, can burn another 400 to 500 cals each day.

So between making sure I have a stock of radishes, mint, lemons, limes, cucumbers, organic brown sugar and drink preparation plus the run each day takes up about 2 hrs per day and helps keep me on track and keep the AV at bay.
Dejvice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:29 AM   #17 (permalink)

Kombucha gal here. Sorry to see you don't go in for it Atlas. It's low in sugar so perfect for drinking heaps of.

Also ginger beer, ginger ale, and cranberry juice when I'm out at dinner or a party.

Herbal teas for night time reading and surfing. Current fave is Rooibos. Old standby is Peppermint.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rar

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
Me too. Seems I'm drinking something (NA) all the time.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejvice View Post
Yeah....looking at drinks Love this.

Red radddish and cucumber, 7 or 8 radishes and a medium cucumber. Dice them up in chunks, throw them in jug, fill with water 1 to 2 pints, cover (a dish will do the trick), add a pinch of salt or pepper if you want. Leave in fridge for 12 hours or so. Less than five mins to make, no sugar and healthy as hell.

Mint and lemon. Fresh mint washed, fresh lemon or lime juice. Spoon of sugar if you want. Same as above just throw them all into a jug, fill with water. Leave for a few hours in fridge.

In winter , try fresh mint, lemon or lime and organic honey as a hot tea......gorgeous.

I really try to avoid any sugar drinks. Bit off topic, if you do the math it takes 3500 cals to burn 1 pound of fat.... 7700cals 1 kg fat. 16.8 fl ounces beer or 500ml beer has about 200 cals, cutting out 9 to 12 these a day, well it pays dividends in more ways than one. Throw in a bit of a run every day 3 miles or a about 5km, can burn another 400 to 500 cals each day.

So between making sure I have a stock of radishes, mint, lemons, limes, cucumbers, organic brown sugar and drink preparation plus the run each day takes up about 2 hrs per day and helps keep me on track and keep the AV at bay.
Sounds delicious!! Thanks!
Old 07-07-2018, 07:52 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPerfumado View Post
Kombucha gal here. Sorry to see you don't go in for it Atlas. It's low in sugar so perfect for drinking heaps of.

Also ginger beer, ginger ale, and cranberry juice when I'm out at dinner or a party.

Herbal teas for night time reading and surfing. Current fave is Rooibos. Old standby is Peppermint.
I like Rooibos as well. Thanks!