SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   NA drinks (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/429737-na-drinks.html)

Atlast9999 07-06-2018 03:23 PM

NA drinks

I have been drinking water, coffee, sparkling water, and iced tea and am feeling bored with this limited drink inventory. I’m trying to stay away from excess sugar.

Does anyone have any good NA drink ideas? Not necessarily a mock tail but just something to mix it up a bit.

AnvilheadII 07-06-2018 04:54 PM

just how much do you NEED to drink? they're just liquids. they aren't supposed to light up our life.

Rar 07-06-2018 05:08 PM

I've taken a liking to diet ginger beer. I look forward to it. It lights up my life. :)

least 07-06-2018 05:09 PM

I really like good old orange juice. :)

The only two sodas I like are ginger ale and root beer.

goodbyeevan 07-06-2018 05:21 PM

I have an oral fixation so I like drinking all the things. I drink water all day long and have finally joined the la croix club. Favorite flavors are mango and passion fruit. I like Hubert's lemonade brand, the blackberry and raspberry are my favorites. I also like the new coke flavors of raspberry and peach and some times get a 4 pack of them as a treat (obviously i only drink one at a time). I also treat myself to kombucha sometimes but some find it triggering due to the trace amounts of alcohol. Hope you find something you like!

Atlast9999 07-06-2018 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII (Post 6947352)
just how much do you NEED to drink? they're just liquids. they aren't supposed to light up our life.

I drink a lot of liquid naturally - at least 80 ounces of water per day, 2-3 cups of coffee, iced tea and a la croix. Even when I was drinking, I drank this much NA liquid. Just trying to mix it up a bit.

Atlast9999 07-06-2018 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan (Post 6947366)
I have an oral fixation so I like drinking all the things. I drink water all day long and have finally joined the la croix club. Favorite flavors are mango and passion fruit. I like Hubert's lemonade brand, the blackberry and raspberry are my favorites. I also like the new coke flavors of raspberry and peach and some times get a 4 pack of them as a treat (obviously i only drink one at a time). I also treat myself to kombucha sometimes but some find it triggering due to the trace amounts of alcohol. Hope you find something you like!

I like La Croix as well and am currently favoring lemon and lime. I’ve never been able to bring myself to drink kombucha, the scobies gross me out. I may have to try the new coke flavors - those sound yummy.

Atlast9999 07-06-2018 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by least (Post 6947359)
I really like good old orange juice. :)

The only two sodas I like are ginger ale and root beer.

Ginger ale mixed with orange juice sounds like a yummy treat too....

Atlast9999 07-06-2018 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rar (Post 6947358)
I've taken a liking to diet ginger beer. I look forward to it. It lights up my life. :)

I’ve never had that - I’ll need to try it and see if it lights up my life too.

Helianthus 07-06-2018 07:48 PM

I have a soda stream and rather than use all the high sugar syrups I use Dasani or another water enhancer you only need a couple of squirts and there's loads of flavors. I drink a lot of water and find the fizzy variety to be more thirst quenching. Another favorite is frozen watermelon and water whizzed up into a slushie.

ElizaD 07-06-2018 07:48 PM

I buy club soda and then mix in different fruits and sweeten with stevia or I make iced tea using fun flavors like blueberry from Celestial Seasonings.

Atlast9999 07-06-2018 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by ElizaD (Post 6947442)
I buy club soda and then mix in different fruits and sweeten with stevia or I make iced tea using fun flavors like blueberry from Celestial Seasonings.

I like the iced tea idea. That’s pretty easy to find a lot of variety in tea. Thanks!

Atlast9999 07-06-2018 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Helianthus (Post 6947441)
I have a soda stream and rather than use all the high sugar syrups I use Dasani or another water enhancer you only need a couple of squirts and there's loads of flavors. I drink a lot of water and find the fizzy variety to be more thirst quenching. Another favorite is frozen watermelon and water whizzed up into a slushie.

I like fizzy water better too. I may have to look into a soda stream - sounds like one could get quite creative with that! Thanks!

Porcetta 07-06-2018 08:47 PM

Sparkling on ice
Diet ginger beer
Lime, ice,chilli, sparkling
Moretti

MindfulMan 07-06-2018 08:55 PM

Ginger beer, club soda, fresh grapefruit and a twist of grapefruit rind.

Dejvice 07-06-2018 11:45 PM

Yeah....looking at drinks Love this.

Red radddish and cucumber, 7 or 8 radishes and a medium cucumber. Dice them up in chunks, throw them in jug, fill with water 1 to 2 pints, cover (a dish will do the trick), add a pinch of salt or pepper if you want. Leave in fridge for 12 hours or so. Less than five mins to make, no sugar and healthy as hell.

Mint and lemon. Fresh mint washed, fresh lemon or lime juice. Spoon of sugar if you want. Same as above just throw them all into a jug, fill with water. Leave for a few hours in fridge.

In winter , try fresh mint, lemon or lime and organic honey as a hot tea......gorgeous.

I really try to avoid any sugar drinks. Bit off topic, if you do the math it takes 3500 cals to burn 1 pound of fat.... 7700cals 1 kg fat. 16.8 fl ounces beer or 500ml beer has about 200 cals, cutting out 9 to 12 these a day, well it pays dividends in more ways than one. Throw in a bit of a run every day 3 miles or a about 5km, can burn another 400 to 500 cals each day.

So between making sure I have a stock of radishes, mint, lemons, limes, cucumbers, organic brown sugar and drink preparation plus the run each day takes up about 2 hrs per day and helps keep me on track and keep the AV at bay.

MissPerfumado 07-07-2018 01:29 AM

Kombucha gal here. Sorry to see you don't go in for it Atlas. It's low in sugar so perfect for drinking heaps of.

Also ginger beer, ginger ale, and cranberry juice when I'm out at dinner or a party.

Herbal teas for night time reading and surfing. Current fave is Rooibos. Old standby is Peppermint.

Rar 07-07-2018 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan (Post 6947366)

Me too. Seems I'm drinking something (NA) all the time.

Atlast9999 07-07-2018 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dejvice (Post 6947536)
Yeah....looking at drinks Love this.

Red radddish and cucumber, 7 or 8 radishes and a medium cucumber. Dice them up in chunks, throw them in jug, fill with water 1 to 2 pints, cover (a dish will do the trick), add a pinch of salt or pepper if you want. Leave in fridge for 12 hours or so. Less than five mins to make, no sugar and healthy as hell.

Mint and lemon. Fresh mint washed, fresh lemon or lime juice. Spoon of sugar if you want. Same as above just throw them all into a jug, fill with water. Leave for a few hours in fridge.

In winter , try fresh mint, lemon or lime and organic honey as a hot tea......gorgeous.

I really try to avoid any sugar drinks. Bit off topic, if you do the math it takes 3500 cals to burn 1 pound of fat.... 7700cals 1 kg fat. 16.8 fl ounces beer or 500ml beer has about 200 cals, cutting out 9 to 12 these a day, well it pays dividends in more ways than one. Throw in a bit of a run every day 3 miles or a about 5km, can burn another 400 to 500 cals each day.

So between making sure I have a stock of radishes, mint, lemons, limes, cucumbers, organic brown sugar and drink preparation plus the run each day takes up about 2 hrs per day and helps keep me on track and keep the AV at bay.

Sounds delicious!! Thanks!

Atlast9999 07-07-2018 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by MissPerfumado (Post 6947566)
Kombucha gal here. Sorry to see you don't go in for it Atlas. It's low in sugar so perfect for drinking heaps of.

Also ginger beer, ginger ale, and cranberry juice when I'm out at dinner or a party.

Herbal teas for night time reading and surfing. Current fave is Rooibos. Old standby is Peppermint.

I like Rooibos as well. Thanks!