Notices

I wish all you good people the best I

Old 07-05-2018, 08:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

You must not give up because this disease is relentless. Get back to your sobriety plan and see what you can add or change that will help you through this.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Mummy - I have been there 100 times. I get some time under my belt, think just one more time and a bender or two later I am sick as a dog, hate myself, yada, yada, yada! I actually quit posting all of my day 1’s because I was ashamed, humiliated, sick of myself and didn’t want everyone else to be as disgusted with myself as I was!!

Get back up, if you want to post, post! If you don’t @ least come here and read. That helps to keep me grounded somewhat. I understand how you feel! I have read up on EVERY form of recovery there is! Think ah ha! THIS one will stick. It may for a week or a month or whatever and back to day 1 again.

If this $h&* were easy we’d all be sober!! Everyone is telling you to dump it! I won’t say that, because I probably wouldn’t do that myself. What I WOULD do is NOT buy more, go to bed and make tomorrow your day one. Prob not the best advice, but when you’re in the thick of things (at least for me) dumping is almost impossible. Hope you feel better tomorrow with a renewed perspective!
Old 07-05-2018, 09:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Mr

Hope you are OK Mummy. Bisous.
Don't give up on yourself.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

It is not clear if this means you no longer want to stop drinking or if you are just tired of the fight.

If it's the former, well that's entirely up to you. If you have had enough of the fight, which was the point I reached, I gave in and decided to try a way other than my own.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
Screwed up and can't do this again I am sick of it, thought I was stronger but it's not the case, all of you new ones learn from my screw ups I wish each and everyone of you sobriety and happiness X
in all honesty, this was foreseeable.. runnin away aint gonna help ya get and stay sober and you know that,mummy. you already know what helps. yes, you can get sober and ya dont have to ever get sober again IF you decide to go to ANY lengths. the footwork is well worth it. no, it wont be easy.yes it will change your life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
socrates.jpg (36.9 KB, 118 views)
Old 07-06-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

How are you today Mummy?
Old 07-06-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Mummy I can't count the number of relapses I have had. The hospital stays, the ER trips, the rehabs (well 3 of those), the detoxes, on and on. I'm not proud of that but its the simple truth.

It takes what it takes. Just come on back and try again. Never stop trying.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hugs to u mommy2

Im a mother and alcoholic i really get what uve been through not an easy path trying to raise a family and making your self better at the same time when each time u can only give at least 25percent time for your self..
The stress of house work buggy and runny nose how to cope kids needs during vacation time and dealing with finance and husbands needs.totally stressfull ive been there. Somehow i made through little by little its a long stretch not easy . always remember you are not alone this kind of journey lots of moms are struggling in silence. What u and i have in common today its called "chances". Lets do it together not easy to open on sober moms cause for sure we get judgement they will never get it..
If u need an ear im here and SR family

Hugs for u dont give up
Old 07-06-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Back at it, Mummy. If you stick with us, eventually you'll get it figured out. You deserve a good sober life.

I hope you keep posting and keep reading.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I came back to say thank you, I screwed up I am in so much denial, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart, even the straight talking ones tomsteve X I need to face this, I haven't read everyone's comments sorry just not in the mood but I do thank you for taking time to write them xxxxx
Old 07-06-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

what are you in denial about?
Old 07-06-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey mummy! I am a mom too - I get it! Check out lipstick and liquor on netflix. It is a doc about mom’s and alcohol. I could totally relate!
Old 07-06-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back mummyto2

D
Old 07-06-2018, 08:50 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you checked in, Mummy.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

(((Mummy))) I've been struggling too....let's hang out here together!