SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 5th - 9th July 2018 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/429678-weekender-thread-5th-9th-july-2018-a.html)

Dee74 07-04-2018 11:43 PM

Weekender Thread 5th - 9th July 2018

I want to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time, and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh :)

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - do it now!

https://78.media.tumblr.com/3524b344...rxzlo1_500.jpg

:grouphug:

It's been a rough start to the weekend for a lot of us - I just want to say how honoured I am to be counted amongst the ranks of this community :)

D

PhoenixJ 07-04-2018 11:55 PM

Weekends CAN be tough.. boredom, or temptation..much better to post here.

Weasel1966 07-05-2018 01:39 AM

I second that Dee! Thanks for kicking us off.

I can do this now... SHOTGUN!!!! (Not sure you’all still do that)

I am in!

K

kopfan 07-05-2018 01:47 AM

Count me in!

theVman31 07-05-2018 01:54 AM

Hello,
I'm in too.
Thx D :)
Welcome to the weekender kopfan !
Hey PJ & Ken :wavey:

Gilmer 07-05-2018 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 (Post 6945785)
K

Oh, good Lord! Do we ever!

Congratulations, Ken!

I’m in.

soberclover 07-05-2018 02:33 AM

Good to see you Ken :)

MyLittleHorsie 07-05-2018 03:06 AM

I'm in!

We have a horse event this weekend. On one hand it is nice to not have to coordinate an event, on the other hand... the horse crowd drinks a lot! However, I have 5 kids with me, all of whom I am responsible for. To add insult to injury (sarcasm) I am bringing two dogs for a demo. The really fun part of that is, it's only me who does the cutting work. So I have to take my old mare, with sweet itch, my cattle dogs who are sure to put on a show, before the show :) Lots of watermelon and sweet tea LOL

It's funny, I have been reflecting a lot. It wasn't that long ago I only had pure bred, imported dogs, my horses commanded stud fees into the 10s of thousands, my trailers and trucks were perfect. Today, most of those horses are rescues, or ones we have rehabbed. Last year I rescued a herd of ponies because I have rocks in my head I guess LOL - I did that sober! They are now coming along, it's been a long road, to work in a therapy program. One of the dogs who is going, most people wouldn't allow in their house, in fact she was slated to be put down at six months. I spent a day with her and her family and took her home. They didn't know what they bought and made her a hot mess. I wasn't looking for a new dog, much less a pup, I called the rescue who asked me to evaluate her, I was like, yeah she is not a pet. You cannot have her in someone's home.

Anyways I got to get my arse in gear! I still haven't drove my new trailer, the dogs have to go over a couple concessions to do some work before they settle in for a 3 day journey, I have to try and hide the sweet itch, manes to roll, farrier visit...

venuscat 07-05-2018 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 (Post 6945785)
I second that Dee! Thanks for kicking us off.

I am in!

K

So lovely to see you wonderful one!!! :) :hug: ♥♥

Willow00 07-05-2018 03:26 AM

Hi everyone, :wavey:

Gilmer, I agree with Dee, you just gotta try Haloumi!
Grilled or fried haloumi is just mouth wateringly delectable, yum yum!
Lizajane that’s tragic if you can’t get haloumi over there! :scared:

Thursday night 8.30pm here, night night everyone!

theVman31 07-05-2018 03:38 AM

Has any ever tried to fry mozzarella?
Maybe that could fry too... It's pretty elasticy

venuscat 07-05-2018 03:43 AM

Well.....I am in heaven right now. Watching live AFL (Aussie Rules Football).
Awesome game, top teams.....just soooooooo good.

But guys....this new LARGE big mac on offer in Oz? Sigh. Because we need MORE calories and fat when we eat junk food? (But it's fun to watch the ads....although Aussie accents are starting to sound SUPER WEIRD to me :) :))

STDragon 07-05-2018 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 6945852)
Hi everyone, :wavey:

Gilmer, I agree with Dee, you just gotta try Haloumi!
Grilled or fried haloumi is just mouth wateringly delectable, yum yum!
Lizajane that’s tragic if you can’t get haloumi over there! :scared:

Thursday night 8.30pm here, night night everyone!

Morning, I'm in. Never tried Haloumi. Don't even kow where to get it. But I'm gonna try and get some too.

andyh 07-05-2018 04:15 AM

my B-i-L has made a bit of a schoolboy error by having my little niece's - ie his daughter's - birthday party clash with the England game on Sat. he is amusingly (for me) torn between the two. my sister is not best impressed :lmao

venuscat 07-05-2018 04:17 AM

Ha ha Andy.....I have been to more than one family party where one of us was constantly sneaking away to check the score...or hiding in the study watching the game... :)

biminiblue 07-05-2018 04:42 AM

In.

I woke up thinking of Gilmer, and am sending more love and prayers this morning.

Hi, Weasel.

venuscat 07-05-2018 04:56 AM

Me too. ♥♥

And hi bim love :hug: ♥♥

Gilmer 07-05-2018 04:56 AM

(((Bim))). :)

biminiblue 07-05-2018 04:56 AM

Hi Venus. :hug:

saoutchik 07-05-2018 04:57 AM

In!

Welcome to Weekenders Kopfan

Good to see you Ken

I'm in the unusual position of having to log in from my work monitor, my Samsung that I usually use for SR has contracted something called the black screen of death so I have had to take it in to a local repair centre - they seem very confident so fingers crossed. I'm one of those idiots who does not back up their data as often as they should, OK, in the case of my phone, never so fingers crossed.

Monkfish wrapped in Parma ham, Halloumi, peppers and mushrooms make an amazing Kebab. I've almost quit eating meat these days so I need a Parma replacement.Do try and find some Halloumi if you can, it's delicious.