Notices

Weekender Thread 5th - 9th July 2018

Old 07-05-2018, 07:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Of which I am not eating right now..... maybe later....
Old 07-05-2018, 08:21 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I’m in!
Old 07-05-2018, 09:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Welcome YuriO and free2bme888.

Sao, try to appease the ghost and maybe you should have cold showers more regularly! 🙂

Furtunately we have no shortage of halloumi cheese. Try having some of that with sweet chilli sauce!

Last edited by CaptainHaddock; 07-05-2018 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-05-2018, 09:24 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.
Welcome yuriO.
Off to work for me.
Kathy

Later
Old 07-05-2018, 09:30 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Vman, now don’t you be late for your meeting at 4 this afternoon! Vive la 🇫🇷!

Last edited by CaptainHaddock; 07-05-2018 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-05-2018, 09:51 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Mr

Thanks Captain... I almost forgot
Old 07-05-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Nothing of interest to say but I just wanted to say hi.
Hugs to Glimer and everyone else.
Xxx
Old 07-05-2018, 10:29 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Mr

Hugs back at ya petals
Old 07-05-2018, 11:00 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning gang, as a younger man Friday mornings would be a time of anticipation, looking forward to that lunchtime beer or two and then Friday evening, getting drunk with friends 'cos everyone did right?

I would come to lose that feeling as my alcoholism kicked in and I started to drink most days and so Friday just became a day when I would drink more than ever knowing that I did not have to work the following day. By that time too my social drinking was just the entree to getting wasted on my own.

Anything is better than living like that. Once you have got your head round the fact that cravings, although very real but are merely the result of the damage we have done to ourselves and need not be acted on then not indulging at the weekend becomes something to look forwards to rather than something to be feared.

If you are wanting to change the way you are living then now is as good a time as any and if you want to correspond with people who know how you are feeling then post here and share your thoughts and feelings.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:21 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Wise words Sao.
Significant day- although not earth shattering...the final time of going to the Recovery Program art group. 2 years of getting my brain working again..art school in 2 weeks. Friday arvo here, nearly 1600.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:06 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Morning All.

I'm in for another sober weekend. Weekends were always my time to binge on the drink. Forget work, forget everything. Drink to oblivion and do stupid things.

Wake up with the most awful, anxiety filled hangover. Only to start again, countless times the following morning to try and take the edge off.... Urrgghh a whole weekend wasted on self inflicted torture.

Heading quickly towards my third week and I've got to say, it's early days yet but life is so much better in every way without alcohol and the AV dictating it.

So I'm committed and definitely in. Making plans, waking up with a clear head and the whole weekend to enjoy.

Happy weekend people!
Old 07-06-2018, 12:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lizajane View Post
Now I’m starving and my mouth is watering Lizajane

Dragon I love any sort of cheese.... Any sort...
I used to have cheese and wine. Now I just have cheese and more cheese

CaptainHaddock now I’m going to have to try halloumi with sweet chilli sauce, another favourite but I’ve not tried them together yet, although I will fix that very soon as I just know they will be the perfect match
Old 07-06-2018, 01:02 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Morning gang, as a younger man Friday mornings would be a time of anticipation, looking forward to that lunchtime beer or two and then Friday evening, getting drunk with friends 'cos everyone did right?

I would come to lose that feeling as my alcoholism kicked in and I started to drink most days and so Friday just became a day when I would drink more than ever knowing that I did not have to work the following day. By that time too my social drinking was just the entree to getting wasted on my own.

Anything is better than living like that. Once you have got your head round the fact that cravings, although very real but are merely the result of the damage we have done to ourselves and need not be acted on then not indulging at the weekend becomes something to look forwards to rather than something to be feared.

If you are wanting to change the way you are living then now is as good a time as any and if you want to correspond with people who know how you are feeling then post here and share your thoughts and feelings.
This is great Sao. Thank you.
I was feeling really triggered just now so here I am on SR. It’s Friday afternoon, which was always a big drinking time for me. I’m away on my own for the weekend for work (another big trigger) and I just arrived at my motel on my own (trigger) tired after half a day driving (trigger). Right across the road is a big liquor store and I could feel the pull, it was visceral, like a strong magnet pulling me there. I walked across there

I came straight back to my room and put the kettle on and got on here. I’m on day 54 and I don’t want to undo the last 53 days....

Thank you for your post, I really needed to read this right now
Old 07-06-2018, 01:34 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Really craving halloumi fries now!

They are absolutely delicious with a bit of BBQ sauce.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Mr

welcome to the weekender future Hope !
Old 07-06-2018, 02:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Petals.

Hi, Futurehope!

Well done, Willow! I’m sure that was a real test of strength!
Old 07-06-2018, 03:03 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I could not sleep...finally got up a little while ago....and well, another Aussie Rules football match.....this is very cool for me. Soothes this savage beast.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer ❤️ I just had 2 cups of tea and two chocolate bars. I’m soooo glad I didn’t walk through the door of that bottle shop.... in the past I would have been halfway to a rip roaring hangover by now but thanks to SR (ie all the amazing people that are SR!) I’m still sober. Not sure if the bottlo is closed yet but it must be soon.... I’m off to bed pretty soon I think... 8.15pm on Friday night
Old 07-06-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

OK....reading....looking for Midnight.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:14 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Thanks Gilmer ❤️ I just had 2 cups of tea and two chocolate bars. I’m soooo glad I didn’t walk through the door of that bottle shop.... in the past I would have been halfway to a rip roaring hangover by now but thanks to SR (ie all the amazing people that are SR!) I’m still sober. Not sure if the bottlo is closed yet but it must be soon.... I’m off to bed pretty soon I think... 8.15pm on Friday night
So glad you got through that love....and even if it sounds a bit yuch, my sponsor told me to drink a glass of milk if I had a craving.....it always helped me. Really hard to crave alcohol after that. ♥♥