SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A Different Path (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/429645-different-path.html)

PhoenixJ 07-18-2018 12:54 AM

You are an amazing lady, Gilly. Sending extra strong brain waves of compassion and huggy things and stuff across the waves...I have also Reikied this thread.

The chair is already doing it's work - you napped.

WELL DONE WOMAN!

Gilmer 07-18-2018 12:57 AM

Thank you, PJ!

Yes, I rose to the occasion—and napped! :lmao :lmao

Alysheba 07-18-2018 01:53 AM

Oh Gilmer,
What can I say? Love you to bits my beautiful lady! I'm so glad you're planning your trip/vacation. Sounds like a lovely thing to do. PJ really has it going on!!
All my love Kathy, Aly (M) xxoo ♥♥♥

Gilmer 07-18-2018 01:56 AM

:) :)

Love you too, Aly!

Alysheba 07-18-2018 01:58 AM

T.y.k.

Rar 07-18-2018 03:23 AM

Ahhhh - the chair is a great thing! A month ago Husband and I each got recliners for our new house. Though Husband has always had a recliner, for some reason, I've always been relegated to the couch or other chair. Somehow I just accepted that the man should be the one with the recliner. Every man I know has a recliner. Anyway, I have my own recliner now. It's not as fancy as yours, (I wish I thought of the massage function), but I'm really enjoying it. I haven't snoozed in it yet, but I can see that in the near future.

Enjoy your new recliner. ((KATHY))

SoberLeigh 07-18-2018 08:53 AM

Kathy, what a very thoughtful gift from your husband. You have a good man there.

Prayers for a good day, dear one.

PhoenixJ 07-18-2018 01:27 PM

reinforced brainy waves being sent priority

Hevyn 07-18-2018 02:33 PM

Kathy - It's so good to be able to check in here & see how you're doing. :hug:
I'm glad you're making plans & savoring each day.

Gilmer 07-18-2018 02:49 PM

I’m pretty frazzled today. One website was really user hateful.

I got a lot done logistics-wise overall, though.

Just can’t string two thoughts together at this point!

biminiblue 07-18-2018 02:51 PM

:hug: ((Gilmer))

I think that new massage-y chair is calling your name.

Gilmer 07-18-2018 03:08 PM

You and me both! :ham3

Gilmer 07-18-2018 04:28 PM

Actually, I’ve just made a spectacle of myself on another thread and giggled myself into a more energetic mood.

Now it’s time to mellow out with a sunset cigar!

fini 07-18-2018 05:13 PM

seriously? cigar?

making me smile either way, real or not......sending smiles your way:)

Gilmer 07-18-2018 05:26 PM

Yes, my entire family smokes good cigars. Not the 7-11 kind: the kind that come from specialty humidor shops.

They are good for fostering chilled out conversation and reflection.

Even my daughter smokes them.

It’s not an everyday thing for me. Husband and son, yes—but for me, once about every two weeks.

trachemys 07-18-2018 06:10 PM

Kathy, When you get to Boca, should you decide to head on down to Key West, visit The Key West Cigar Factory. Handrolled, pirate Cuban leaf cigars to make you cry.

You can order online if you aren't going to the Keys.

Gooooo to the keeeeeys. :D

Obladi 07-19-2018 03:45 AM

Good morning, Kathy! Can you scootch over a bit and let me in that chair? I could use a massage.

Hope your day is frazzle-free.

O

Mummyto2 07-19-2018 03:47 AM

So sorry I will say a prayer for you

PhoenixJ 07-19-2018 03:58 AM

GILLY! Have you got pink ,fluffy, squeake, lambskin squeaker boots to wear in the chair??
Support and prayers
My art classes are good...very tiring and challenging...harder than recovery or burns...or so it seems..just what I need. 10 hour days so far (I do a lot of homework).

Gilmer 07-19-2018 04:10 AM

Thanks, you guys. :)

It still seems really unreal.

Yesterday in the midst of furiously lining up activities and making reservations, I must have drunk too much coffee, and I got a really sharp pain in my stomach. It came on rather suddenly, so I hoped it was just the coffee—but I got a bit paranoid anyway.

There I was plotting and scheming—and yet I was in too much discomfort to even walk to the mailbox without being seriously bothered.

I wondered if I was starting the decline already—they said 2-8 months!—and thought of the irony of my frenzied bucket list planning.

And my stomach hurt and I couldn’t get comfortable.

So I took some Maalox—and within ten minutes the pain was gone.

But it just showed me a glimpse of how unpleasant a state of constant pain is going to be.

I couldn’t even handle a half hour’s worth of excess stomach acid!

All I can do is the best I can every day, whether I can do a little or a lot.