Notices

Me again.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Me again.

Well i'v relapsed. I'v no idea why just I am always thinking of alcohol. I'm back to day 1. I hope I succeed this time. Il try my best. I will attend meetings and keep myself busy. I'm only 30 and my health is so so bad. I'v a kidney problem and may need an op as it's ongoing the past year. now strep throat a gum infection after wisdom tooth extraction and a kidney infection again.im in work and just need to be at home in my bed. I'm so run down I'm just fed up of my health declining. I plan to get a good tonic into me to boost my immune system and get myself back to that good place.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You will heal without alcohol. Everyday gets better and better but you have to do your part. Take it one day at a time!

You can do it!
Apollo
Old 07-03-2018, 04:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Quitting alcohol can only help your health. Go to those meetings and check in often with us. Day 1 is a start!
Old 07-03-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

prayers and support
Old 07-03-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope you're on a good antibiotic for the infections. Strep is nothing to mess with.

Alcohol just ripped me apart. Toward the end of my drinking I could be sober for months, drink for a week, and be worse off than I was before. My body simply can't handle it.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you're back Lola!
Old 07-03-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Yes I'm on a strong antibiotic four times a day for a week. Today has been absolutely horrible. Found out my mam has fibrosis of the lungs which is a death sentence in itself. She is my whole world and I am distraught. Then my brothers best friends little girl passed away aged 18months this morning from a brain tumour. Today has just been a horrific day. I am curled up in bed now in my mams just wishing it was all a dream. I won't drink today has been such an eye opener. I'm destroying my body when there are people that would do anything to be healthy.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi, Iola. I'm glad this is your day one. My health, both mental and physical improved enormously once I was sober. It didn't happen overnight (just as we didn't become alcoholics all at once) but it happened. I had horrible rosacea that cleared up. I had neuropathy in my hands and feet that went away. I've lost 75 lbs in my 2.5 years of sobriety. My liver enzymes are back to normal. My blood pressure is excellent. I ride my bicycle every day and practice yoga.
I have little doubt your health will improve too. So sorry about your mam and that poor little girl, but drinking won't help matters at all--and almost always makes things worse. Sending you love and support.

Last edited by Verdantia; 07-03-2018 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 07-03-2018, 02:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you're back with us, Lola. We will do it this time.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your struggle and sadness Lola but I'm glad you made it back.

D