Notices

I just want ONE.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grungehead View Post
"People energized by alcohol are genetically predisposed to drink more heavily."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ked-alcoholism

Basically what the article says is that some people have a "hyperactive dopamine response" to alcohol which tends to energize them instead of feeling the sedative effects of alcohol. These people are genetically more predisposed to drink more heavily and are at higher risk of becoming alcoholics.
Man, do I believe this.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You have a two month old?

What I hear in your posts is - you’re mad, and you want a drink. I get it, your feelings, but honestly maybe momma has your baby’s best interests at heart. It’s a tall order - asking her to support you, and provide the constant care an infant requires.

You can do this.

I dealt with a spouse who still drinks every day in early sobriety. It was hard, but I really wanted it - to change, to become a different person.

The way you feel will truly pass as long as you don’t drink. You can know peace again. Contentment. Know the feeling of waking clear headed, able to proudly look at your reflection in the mirror.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grungehead View Post
"People energized by alcohol are genetically predisposed to drink more heavily."

Basically what the article says is that some people have a "hyperactive dopamine response" to alcohol which tends to energize them instead of feeling the sedative effects of alcohol. These people are genetically more predisposed to drink more heavily and are at higher risk of becoming alcoholics.

I’m guessing that people who have had other substance abuse issues might be more likely to have the heightened Dopamine response.

It certainly makes sense.