Notices

quick update

Old 07-12-2018, 08:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm glad she's getting the help she needs.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I don't believe it. My sister is actually taking my advice. That's a first. She is actually asking me if she should file for bankruptsy (sp), or getting in touch with social services or how to deal with her court hearing coming up next week. She actually agreed that taking one loan out after another to pay for other loans isn't a good idea. I told her she has taken out a loan to consolidate other loans hasn't worked for her and she needs to live within her budget. She didn't even get mad at this. I just can't believe she is actually taking my advice. It's always been her highway or nothing. Maybe she has finally realized that her way isn't always the best way and has gotten her in a lot of trouble. Maybe she finally trusts me. With her mental problems, this can change in a heartbeat, but for the first time I feel I am in a position to help her. I don't want to get my hopes up, but for now I'm absolutely beside myself right now. I've wanted to help her for so long but she refused to accept it. I just hope she doesn't resort to her old thinking. John
Old 07-14-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What, no positive, supportive responses? Maybe you guys don't know what a big deal this is for me. But that's ok. Most of my successes have been when I felt alone and had to gather my own personal strength to succeed. Your silence is my strength. A person can create a lot of strength from having to deal with their issues on their own. Not the ideal way of dealing with problems, but it shows the strength one person can have to survive. It's all about control, determination and perserverance (sp). It's all about the fight. John