Notices

new here

Old 11-10-2004, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here

I just joined this group, and I have a question already. About 2 years ago I was in an auto accident. The Dr prescribed Lorcet 10 for me. At first I was taking 4 to 6 a day. Then my doctor cut me back to 1 a day and supplemented the rest with Ultram.

The Ultram didn't seem to work so I self medicated. Now I take the 1 ten a day plus about six 5/500s as well. I am pain free, but don't like the fact that I'm going behind my Drs back, plus now, I think I use them more for pleasure than for the pain.

Now my question. Am I going to be able to wean myself of these pills by myself a little at a time? Am I taking an unusually large amount? Please help, I worrry myself sick every day.
Thanks Larry
Old 11-10-2004, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Pink Cloud Dweller

Hi and welcome Larry,
Oy Vey!!

That is an awfully large amt.
It sounds to me like you might think you have a problem and thats a HUGE step. Getting off of opioids is not an easy thing to do. I have experience in that dpt. Your question is are you going to be able to kick all by yourself. Well I can only speak from my own experience, and I can say without a shadow of doubt that I could not do it on my own. You may not like my suggestion but, I think it imperitive that you talk to your/any doctor and be 100% honest about how you have been using your pills to get high. I knew you weren't gonna like what I said.

Lorcet as I am sure you know are HABBIT FORMING. Your body is most likely PHYSICALLY DSEPENDANT on them.

Seek out help. Yes you can wean off, very slowly. You will feel withdrawals. They ARE nasty. But with help from others, and just perhaps a little help from somthing more powerful than yourself, it absolutly, positronically, can be done.

I wish you the best,
Try and keep your spirits up.

Aaron
Old 11-10-2004, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Larry,

Welcome! I'm Anna, recovering alcoholic so I can't offer much advice about the drugs, but if you think there is a problem, then there probably is a problem. I hope you hang around and get to know us. There's lots of support here. You might also check out the NarAnon forum on this board, if you like.

Love, Anna
Old 11-10-2004, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pink Cloud Dweller

alcohol aka drug
Old 11-10-2004, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Larry-- Run, don't walk, away from these pills. My life was destroyed by pain meds and I don't want to see anyone else have to go through a tenth of what I did. Talk to your Dr. ASAP and tell him you have been over-using, mis-using the pills. They are subtle, Larry, and baffeling. Get off them now so you don't wake up one day to find that they have taken over your life. There is lots of support and help for you, too. Check out NA / AA near you and give it a try. Good luck.

jojo