Notices

Is it neuropathy?

Old 07-01-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is it neuropathy?

I really feel like I haven’t drank enough for it to be this... but my hands (mostly and quite intolerable) and feet (very faint) have been asleep/numb for two days. I’ve only been drinking almost everyday for 1-2 years, and before that was just social/some binge drinking. I have read a lot and diagnoses doesn’t seem to be quick or even certain in most cases. But if this is alcohol neuropathy, I really can’t ever drink again? Is denial like the first step? Cause that’s all I keep thinking. Oh and I’ve been on a no carb diet as well so really never have fruits and veggies, could it be vitamin deficiency? I mean I read on post from a doctor in Africa that fixed a villagers numbness with various vitamins etc. And he didn’t drink. Anyone have any input/feedback? Thanks!
Old 07-01-2018, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR WaitWhat. Your symptoms could be a whole host of things, and seeing a medical doctor is likely your best bet. I would definitely not base your diagnosis on web post from a doctor in Africa, or anywhere for that matter.

If it were alcohol related, then yes - not drinking ever again might be something to consider. But perhaps you should wait until you find out what the problem really is. Drinking every day is definitely not good for you, so perhaps taking a break would be a good thing even if this particular incident is not related?
Old 07-01-2018, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah I have some feedback sorry to sound harsh but why would you ask a site for overcoming addictions about your medical problems.?
Go see your DR and get it checked.

I can tell you something tho that may interest you if you continue drinking everyday you will eventually get some sort of alcohol related issue if you haven’t already.

Alcohol is a neauro toxin and is poisonous to every cell in the human body and you are drinking it daily so you can do the math.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi waitwhat

a lot of people come here and ask all kinds of questions so you are very welcome

Noone can diagnose your problem over the internet tho. Any body part being numb for two days is something to check out with a Doctor I think.

Let us know what they say

D
Old 07-01-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CCL
Crazy Cat Lady

I worked for neurologists for years, go see a doctor.

Numbness of the hands and/or feet can be early symptoms of a LOT of things, from nutritional deficiencies to diabetes and a whole host of things in between. Self diagnosis will drive you crazy. Get blood work and some proper answers.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks

All! I will go to the doctor and keep you posted!
Old 07-04-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Definitely go see your pcp. I would be 100% honest and ask for some blood work (metabolic, CBC, b12, vitamin D and any other deficiencies that can cause the symptoms). My pcp ultimately referred me to a neurologist who I am still working with for a diagnosis.